Suites

dolls4sell

I have been on HAL 2X (deluse suites) and Princess Suite, HAL was much better. We are doing Alaska in 07 & were thinking of Celebrity. The sky suite to me is not a suite (size ) then they go to a Celbrity suite (no Bal) then the Royal suite which is very coastly. I wish the Celbrity cuite had a bal. Is is worth the extra for a Royal Suite in your opinion and do you feel the service is better than HAL, forget the issue of the butler.

All opionions are appreciated.

Dolls4sale

Our first cruise was on Celebrity in a balcony, small cabin, nice balcony, which we used quite it a bit since we had warm weather. Skip forward several years and we graduated to suites. The first being a Celebrity suite, which we loved because of the large floor to ceiling windows which enables you to see the outside without having to actually walk out on a balcony. It is like having your own observation platform. We have also done the Royal Suite. Lovely suite, really large balcony (length, not width). But to really view the scenery you have to sit outside. As you can see we are rather sold on the Celebrity Suite, it is more reasonably priced. Infact, we are set to sail for Hawaii a week from today in one. We will see how we like it, in hopefully nice weather. The other times have been in crossings. The Royal suite is lovely, it has the best of everything, but we look for bargins when we feel the urge. Hope I helped.

We have sailed both CS and RS on Millennium and Constellation. We have also sailed Alaska in a RS on Mercury.

We originally booked a RS for our May Alaska trip but after having the RS on the Transatlantic we switched to a CS. The main reason is that in cold weather we used the balcony hardly at all. In addition due to the layout of the living room of the RS the views out the windows are very limited vs a large unobstructed view on the Mercury. We felt we would probably prefer the views from the big windows of the CS. I guess it is all a matter of opinion.

Alternatively for our deep Caribbean cruise for Feb 2007 we have booked the RS.

I have been on HAL 2X (deluse suites) and Princess Suite, HAL was much better. We are doing Alaska in 07 & were thinking of Celebrity. The sky suite to me is not a suite (size ) then they go to a Celbrity suite (no Bal) then the Royal suite which is very coastly. I wish the Celbrity cuite had a bal. Is is worth the extra for a Royal Suite in your opinion and do you feel the service is better than HAL, forget the issue of the butler.

Care to share what X ship you are thinking about? If it's the Mercury, the RS has wonderful views, but the views from the M class RS are rather restricted.

Rick

Just a couple of quick notes. You are absolutely correct in your opinion of the Sky Suite- they are a large cabin which includes a butler. The Neptune Lounge on HAL offers more amenities than any butler. "S" suites on HAL, IMHO, have much better amenities than Celebrity Suites. For food and service of the entire staff on the ship, we did prefer Celebrity, hands down.

Save your money sailing Alaska, go for the big windows in a suite vs. a balcony. If you go to http://www.webshots.com/ you should be able to find photos of the suite you are interested in. Also check http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ for photos.

Archived