Parasailing for a 10 year old

We went parasailing while staying at Atlantis several years ago. They did not allow our daughter to go up by herself at that age. I went with her and it was actually a lot of fun to be up there with your child. I think you will both enjoy it.

For safety reasons I think you would be better off together.

We went parasailing while staying at Atlantis several years ago. They did not allow our daughter to go up by herself at that age. I went with her and it was actually a lot of fun to be up there with your child. I think you will both enjoy it.

For safety reasons I think you would be better off together.

I agree that is why I was asking if anyone new a place on one of or ports of call to do it. How old was she? Was she scared at all?

No the weight didn't seem to be an issue -

We were on Paradise Island at the Atlantis Hotel. I would think hotel excursions where they offered water sports independent of RCL might allow you to do this.

You could try to book a day pass at a resort at one of the ports you are stopping at....you could contact the hotel directly.

Hope it works out.

Check the ports of call boards for parasailing recommendations. I booked a parasailing trip privately with Sebago Watersports in Key West. My youngest son had just turned 11 two weeks before we sailed and there was no problem for a tandem parasail. I researched 3-4 outfits that offered parasailing in Key West and the only one that had an age limit was RCCL. Private booking saved me about $30 a person as well.

My mom and I just went in Cozumel at Paradise Beach for 55 a person. Another group was with us including a father and daughter. I also know of a child of 3 that went tandeem with her mother. My mom who hates the water did fine.

For parasailing I've never bothered with rsvp's. I just tell my taxi driver what I want to do and they take me to the providers. Many beaches have parasailing boats running all day just taking walk-ups. And honestly I don't think most care how young the kids are as long as you have the fee. I wouldn't bet on these guys being licensed and insured so, use at your own risk! Welcome to the Caribbean.

Safety was a consideration for me when I booked my parasailing excursion. That's why I went with one in Key West. I figured if there were any regulations, the good ol' USA would be more apt to regulate it and insure safety. I booked mine ahead of time because we didn't get to Key West until 4pm local time and we only had a couple hours of daylight so I wanted to be sure we got it in. Price was $79 for a tandem private booking online.

Parasailing with my DD is one of those things that we just love to do together. We always go tandem. The first time we did it (in Hawaii on a land trip) she wasn't quite seven y.o. at the time, but now on every vacation we try to find time to do it.

Have a great time!

Archived