Good Advice if you plan on Running or Walking on Sun Princess

rolloman

The place to run is Deck 7 promenade deck. It is posted, runners need to wait until 8AM. It is actually a great area and 3 laps basically equal 1 mile.

WARNING- be very careful of the outside edge as it has a 3 inch drop off all the way around. My swollen ankle can attest to that. You also must be very aware of your surroundings. Traffic flowed counter clockwise. Every morning 25 people went one way and we had a guy who insisted on going the opposite which created a serious hazard in the tunnel turns. One day a team of 3 people pushed an individual in a wheelchair against traffic for 3 laps, honestly I just dont understand the thought process of some people.

Being considerate 7 to 8 minute miles should not be a problem, any quicker is possible suicide.

I have also jogged around on the Sun Princess and have come against that problem also. You have to realize though that there is no specific direction to walk or jog. Usually if people see me coming on any ship they will move to the side and let me by. I have more of a problem with people that are in front of me but all I do is say excuse me and they also move and let me by.

For ships without it's own jogging track, I find it best to get up a little earlier and get my jogging in before the others come out for their morning walk or run. I just figure they pay the same price as I do and have every right as I do.:o

WARNING- be very careful of the outside edge as it has a 3 inch drop off all the way around. My swollen ankle can attest to that.

Thanks for this warning - we sometimes walk after dark - so, this is a great piece of information.

Thanks again!

Just make sure you don't get a room on Deck 6 under the running track! We've been there before and there were always a few that started the running around 6am. Rude awakening every time.

I was respectful of the 8 am time for joggers but I wonder how big a noise difference it is between a 160 pound person running and a 300 pound person walking.

Interesting comment by you MaryPoppinz. IF there are 3 people on deck, probably not an issue but if there are 30 people on deck and 29 are rotating one direction through a small tunnel and you try to go opposite lap after lap you are either retarded or a troublemaker.

I was on a twenty day cruise from FL to SF in 2004 and never had any problem with level of the deck walking...would walk 3 miles in the morning then sometimes a couple more in the afternoon...would walk down the middle of deck.We did on certain days have the odd.. usually over enthusiastic person :eek: running in the opposite direction that could have caused an accident on the blind corners.

My walks were always from 9.30AM onwards....I can quite understand the rules of use from 8.00AM onwards.:)

I was respectful of the 8 am time for joggers but I wonder how big a noise difference it is between a 160 pound person running and a 300 pound person walking.

Interesting comment by you MaryPoppinz. IF there are 3 people on deck, probably not an issue but if there are 30 people on deck and 29 are rotating one direction through a small tunnel and you try to go opposite lap after lap you are either retarded or a troublemaker.

A 300lb person walking, would make little or no noise for people sleeping down below. However the attitude of early morning joggers who may think 'I'm up, I could care less about anyone else below' is in my opinion selfish to the extreme. Think about it! john

Mr. Green,yes I think its selfish as well thats why I waited until the rules stated ( after 8am ) My statement was meant to say I believe the walkers should have to wait as well. Clearly by the looks of some of the 6am walkers they surely would wake up those below on deck 6 as well. A mouse can't run until 8 am but an elephant can walk at 3 am.... THINK about it!

Mr. Green,yes I think its selfish as well thats why I waited until the rules stated ( after 8am ) My statement was meant to say I believe the walkers should have to wait as well. Clearly by the looks of some of the 6am walkers they surely would wake up those below on deck 6 as well. A mouse can't run until 8 am but an elephant can walk at 3 am.... THINK about it!

Been there three times, Sun, Sea, and Dawn. We have never heard a walker yet. john

Archived