What ships have the 1a with full windows?

vesw01

Also, when you talk to the PVP do they know for sure which has the windows versus port holes versus nothing?

I know the Valor does (if anyone knows that room #'s that would be great)

How bout the Liberty?

The Victory (Destiny class) has them too- I've been in them! On the riviera deck, last room, there is even a sign below the portholes asking to keep curtains closed at night to help ship navigation!

On these ships, the rooms are small with beds that can't go together, so they call them 1A.

Why do they sell those cabins as 1A's? That seems like a fabulous deal!

They can be odd shaped, perhaps smaller than average cabin or in less desireable locations, perhaps noiser, usually only 1 twin and 1 upper or a sleeper sofabut sometimes two twins, yada yada. But they are a deal for the right person/people.

They can be odd shaped, perhaps smaller than average cabin or in less desireable locations, perhaps noiser, usually only 1 twin and 1 upper or a sleeper sofabut sometimes two twins, yada yada. But they are a deal for the right person/people.

Yeah but these two particular rooms have a king bed and appear to be larger than a normal stateroom. Essentially you get a large OV for a 1A price. One disadvantage I can see is that there is no way to put a 3rd person in there.

do these cabins book? We are thinking of booking one for May 2007, but I have to order our gift certificates from Citicard. It may take a few weeks for them to come in. Do you think the cabins are already taken (for Liberty?) Thanks.

These cabins do sell out quickly, so I would book them as soon as you can. I did book mine about 9 months out.

Yeah but these two particular rooms have a king bed and appear to be larger than a normal stateroom. Essentially you get a large OV for a 1A price. One disadvantage I can see is that there is no way to put a 3rd person in there.

Two twins that can be put together. And a long hallway that is basically dead space. One of the closet doors and the bathroom door compete for space. The square footage may be up there, but not effective square footage.

On the other hand, two A/C vents. :D

lVmpL4et1zY0Rd5rHFt9wHLiDC7h4QRe0300.jpg

NIa4pJHnJUadV+cOjo6Z-m9f-VgtOZsH0300.jpg

It is larger than the standard 185 sq. ft. Probably 200-220 sq ft. I stayed in 2462 also.

2462 is probably 200-220 sq ft. Experence indicates the hallway sq footage is not useful. Net usable sq footage is LESS than one might expect. Two windows is more that one should expect in a 1A.

• 6 months later...
If you look at the ship plans in Carnival brochure, the 1A's are cream-color. Carnival doesn't even list the 1A's in the brochure. Most of the 1A's with windows are in the aft section on the main deck. They are easy to see.

Becky

thanks becky for the info

you also reminded me that i need to get a new brochure from carnival. :)

Thanks for those pics! Those rooms look awesome to me. I would love two big windows..wish they made them with window seats hehe. That looks great for me and hubby. As far as hallway being useless...hmm line suitcases up against the one wall if they don't fit under bed and put dirty clothes in them as you use them...put gifts in them..head start on packing for home then too lol. Oiy I would find a way to use that space lol. Seriously though..looks great to me. Never knew before what ppl meant when they talked about 1a's. Good info for a noob like me to know :p

one of these cabins would be just right for me except i have never had a cabin in the front of the ship before. and ''DUHHHH IS ME '' i just noticed on the carnival site under the deck plans link that they do show a symbel for a cabin with a porthole. i cant beleive i never noticed that before. now i will know where these cabinss are located on what ship.

The Triumph has two of these cabins . . . I stayed in one on my April 2005 cruise and the other one on my September 2006 cruise. They are perfect for someone traveling alone . . . one twin bed and one sofa. There is another bed that comes out of the ceiling (sort of a bunk bed effect) but because I was traveling solo . . . I never saw the top bed open. As someone mentioned, they book fast so you have to plan early.

Archived