What ships have the 1a with full windows?

vesw01

I just stayed in 2462 on the Conquest and it is exactly like those pictured above. My friend had 2465 and it is the same. When I arrived, it was set up with the twin beds pushed together. I did notice a bunk in the ceiling, but I don't know if it's ever used.

I would say the only drawback is the vibration and engine noise. It was really bad when we were searching for the man overboard because they were only using the side thrusters and they were directly below me.

Above is the dining room and which isn't used for breakfast and quiet after 10:30 pm.

I would take this room again in a heartbeat.

thanks for the info about the engine noise on the conquest. it probably is the same for all the ships, but im just guessing about that :confused: .

Never noticed the engine noise on my Triumph cruises . . . but then again, we never had to search for a man overboard . . . :eek:

one of these cabins would be just right for me except i have never had a cabin in the front of the ship before. and ''DUHHHH IS ME '' i just noticed on the carnival site under the deck plans link that they do show a symbel for a cabin with a porthole. i cant beleive i never noticed that before. now i will know where these cabinss are located on what ship.

These particular cabins are in back[/i'] of the ship. (aft.)

Fred,

Looking at the deck plans I see that the 1As mentioned (on the Conquest class) wrap around the stairs, so to speak and the dining room is directly above them. Is there any noise from either?

Thanks!

No noise from the dining room, nor from the stairs. I absolutely loved this cabin. The stairs are for crew only, but I never heard a peep from them. I never noticed any loud noises or rocking from here. I was on the Valor in 2465. I will book it again for my next cruise.

Here are a few pics:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2128764520035088204IUfXcr

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2020506410035088204OHKFqh

So, these special 1A's are quiet? It doesn't vibrate or have much noise from the engines unless looking for a man overboard? The stairs are also quiet?? My DH is sensitive to noise and I wouldn't what him to be miserable! I'm going to try to go look at the cabin when I board the Glory on Sat.

I was able to book one of these cabins on the 6 day Liberty but the computer locked and I lost it!:( It's not available now or the other one. I'd do a 6 day cruise for 2 for under 800.00!

No noise from the dining room, nor from the stairs. I absolutely loved this cabin. The stairs are for crew only, but I never heard a peep from them. I never noticed any loud noises or rocking from here. I was on the Valor in 2465. I will book it again for my next cruise.

Here are a few pics:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2128764520035088204IUfXcr

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2020506410035088204OHKFqh

Thank you so much for the info and the pics, they are great!!! I am now a certified balcony junkie but.......should I just have to have a cruise between cruises I will DEFINITELY look into these rooms!!! It is going to be 10 months between the Conquest and the Miracle next year...hmmm...I better get to lookin' :D

I just booked cabin 2211 on the Liberty last week for my mother-in-law who will be traveling solo with us. They told me that it had 2 porthole windows also. I was just wondering since most of you keep referring to these cabins as being "aft". Does anyone know about the ones that are forward or have a photo of 2211???

I have stayed in both 2462 and 2465 on the Liberty. Absolutely very quiet because it is recessed. i heard no noise from decks above or below and no noise from the nearby stairway. i like 2465 because it has a larger shower becuase it is a disability cabin. I will be on the Valor in Feb. in that cabin and back on the Liberty in April with the same cabin. I actually got that cabin in the Med. in July this year for $1900 (12 night cruise). a steal at that price.

• 2 weeks later...
i just found this post and am hoping someone knows if the

carnival spirit has one of these cabins. if i ever go to alaska i would want to get one of these for window at a cheaper price.

thanks

I had the same thought, but nope! No 1A's with windows or portholes. Maybe at some point they'll change which ship sails to Alaska.

It is larger than the standard 185 sq. ft. Probably 200-220 sq ft. I stayed in 2462 also.

I found out through Carnival that it is 220 sq. ft. total. The one thing I am confused over is the pictures of cabin 2462 posted here. First of all, I believe the poster and the pictures speak for themselves, but when I made reservations for this cabin 2462 on the Carnival Liberty they informed me that the bedding was a twin bed and a sofa bed, which cannot be connected. When I saw these photos a couple months after my reservation, I called them again and they still insist that the pictures could not have been for cabin 2462! They are idiots and apparently are reading script from a standard chart!

Well, I just nabbed one of those cabins. Am booked on the Destiny in Cabin 2335.

I was just on the Valor, and I had cabin 2465. Great, great room.

Not sure about the Liberty, but the Valor definitely had 2 beds, that could be converted.... There was no sofa, just a small chair.

Have got to brag here , have nabbed this cabin for a btb the transanaltic and the medditerrian(Freedom) in April 2008. So if I cannot find someone to travel with me the cost of a is still within my reach Thankfully I have a year and a half to save lol

Archived