1st time cruiser help!!

kellyteach02

Hello everyone! My husband and I are going on our first cruise in June on the Celebration. We had planned on doing the fishing excursion in Key West and the snorkeling excursion to Pearl Island in Nassau. Are these excursions worth it, or would we be better off doing something on our own? If so, what should we do? Help! I want us to have a memorable time - we are celebrating our anniversary! Thanks!! :)

IMHO a fishing trip in Key West might not be the best choice. The reason I say this is because of the late time most ships dock there (the best fishing is usually early in the morning or in the evening) and the short time most ships dock there.

If you have never been to Key West there are lots of things you can do on your own in this port including the Hemingway house, the Southmost point, go to the top of the hotel (I don't remember who owns it now) but it is the tallest building on Duval street for great views of the whole town and island, check out the lighthouse museum, do a little bar hopping on Duval and so on.

Have a great next cruise.

The Truman White House was a great tour for my husband and me in May 05.

We were surprised at how much we enjoyed it. The grounds are superb, as well.

It is within easy walking distance of the cruise terminal.

We also enjoyed the Aquarium. It is not very big, but it is hands-on (touch some of the slimy things...) and has good shark displays and a very good guided tour.

At night, "Dominique and his flying house cats" are the stars at Mallory Square near the Hilton. Dominique is a bore, in my opinion, but the cats were charming and did jump through fire!

Have a wonderful time!

Archived