Explorer JS #1328

TKinAZ

This is the JS we got when we changed from our D1 to the Guarantee. Looking at the deck plans, I see that it is on the aft end of the hump--the first cabin where the ship begins to bow out. Are we going to like this?

Yes.

You are right by the aft stairs. Straight up to the Windjammer and the pools. Up again to Johnny Rocket's and the Teen area and kids' area. Fabulous location. And you scored a JS!

Be happy..........be very very happy. :)

We are very happy. I'm even more excited now than I was before. The downside is that DD, DSIL and DGD were not able to take advantage of the Guarantee rate; RCI wouldn't do it with three people in a room. Doesn't make sense to me, since the JS's all hold up to four people. RCI said it had to do with lifeboats. So, we'll be four floors apart instead of next door. On the other hand, a little privacy never hurt anyone. :) It looks like our balcony might be a bit bigger than if we were off the hump as well. I SO cannot wait for this trip!

We are booked in 1328 on Adventure for May 21. Should I be concerned that this cabin is at the end of the "hump?" I booked it because from the deck plans, it appeared to have a bigger balcony. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, being at the end of the "hump", is the view obstructed at all?

Thanks for your help

Jodi

Jodi, I know our TA checked before we switched to the Guarantee to be sure there was no obstruction in any of the available JS's. I don't know how close the ships are to identical configuration, but if they're the same, you should be fine on that count. It also looks to me like both the room and the balcony will be a little bigger. This is my first time in a room this nice, though, so I have absolutely no first-hand knowledge.

Archived