What is your favorite food on X?

tuggers

On the 2nd night of our TA cruise on the Century last Oct there was nothing "chocolate" listed on the menu for dessert. When our waitor asked what I wanted I said "since there is no chocolate listed, I will pass on dessert." Well - within minutes the assistant maitre'd brought me the BEST chocolate I have EVERY tasted ... and every night there after I got the BEST chocolate made on board .... Thank-you Daniel!!! (one night we didn't go to dinner and they brought it to my cabin!!! you really, really are treated like a 'celebrity' on X!!!!!)

Charbie

Hi Everyone !

Here are some of my favorites :

Rack of Lamb, Escargot, Spinach Salad, and the Grilled Salmon at the Spa Cafe. I also love the Chocolate Croissants at the Cova.

Ok, now I am hungry :)

It's been 5 years since our last cruise (on the Infinity). I appreciate all your opinions. We'll be on-board Mercury beginning May 8. I'll be sure to sample some of your suggestions. Yum! No wonder I'm so chubby!! Oh well...I'll worry about it AFTER we get back.

--Jean & Bob, Racine, Wisconsin

Tough question-may have to do some more research:D

My faves are the many fish dishes, waffles, and veggie pizza. Best single meal was in Olympia restaurant and included Chilean sea bass and goat cheese souffle. Lamb en croute was close second.

Well, am getting hungry.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Andy - I agree with you. I love the chocolate croissants. They could be deadly, though. When we've been in a suite and asked for them for breakfast, our butler would often bring several of them every morning, just to see the grin on my face. I put them in the refrigerator and ate them for snacks during the day. That accounted for some of the weight gain on several of our cruises.

I also love the salmon in the aqua spa cafe and the goat cheese souffle

in the specialty restaurants.

Oh - and the lamb and the escargot and the breadsticks and the chilled soups and the chocoate souffle and the creme brulee and.......

Patricia

Wow - and I thought I was gonna go hungry on Mercury...

:rolleyes: :)

Can anyone tell me if X have stir-fry stations aboard their ships?

I need to watch my gluten intake, so any suggestions for non-wheat food items would be very much appreciated.

Hi Brian,:) I cannot recall stir-fry..but they make a mean

"cooked to order" pasta. Lots of different toppings you can choose

from with usually 2 types of noodles.

And a choice of sauces as well. Really good!

Do you eat pasta? Oh wait, that is full of gluten...isn't it?

I just returned from Zenith and food was outstanding. Some of

the best salmon I have eaten....and after 8 cruises it was

the first time I had ever tried it:eek: I love seafood too...but

had just never requested it before!

As for going hungry, that will NOT be a problem:D

Wow - and I thought I was gonna go hungry on Mercury...

:rolleyes: :)

Can anyone tell me if X have stir-fry stations aboard their ships?

I need to watch my gluten intake, so any suggestions for non-wheat food items would be very much appreciated.

I had my travel agent fax the cruise line my need for gluten free items. We'll see how it goes. From what I have read on these boards, it shouldn't be a problem. I have my fingers crossed. I have found that so far the easiest place to travel gluten free is DisneyWorld. Instead of just taking away forbidden items, they replaced sauces, pastas and desserts with great alternatives. Have a great cruise. -Paula

The cold soups, anytime all the time.... unfortunately not available enough unless you're on M-class ships... half a dozen for "health" reasons in the spa at lunch.;)

Many think they're bland but I always love the soups at dinner, especially the consommes and tomato bisque.

Also the mini-croissants at afternoon tea that are filled with cheese.

Also the blueberry ice cream and even basics like chocolate.

The sandwiches that are made of pretzel bread during afternoon tea.

Lobster tails and shrimp cocktail.

ham & cheese fritters appetizer..

The chocolate souffle and the cheese cart in the "Normandie Room"; veal oscar, all the cream soups, and the appetizer phyllo pastry stuffed with spinach sitting on a pool of ementhal cheese sauce..... Oh God! I need another cruise now..............:D

OK, after reading over this thread I've decided to try one of everything! It is great not being a picky eater! Picky: No - - Voracious: Yes :D

I love food threads, so keep the posts coming!!! LOL

Brian

Archived