When will the Crown arrive in NYC for first voyage?

MoonPet

Is she going to be ready? I assume so, but sometimes there are unavoidable delays. Has anyone heard how the timetable for her shakedown is going? I have not seen any recent pics of her either. The best one I've found seems to be the one in the reviews section here.

I don't see her listed on the schedule for June 2. Am I misreading?

I realize that there is still some time until June, but I'd like to try to pinpoint her arrival date and time so I can watch her arrive under the Verrazano Bridge. Any help is appreciated!

Ok, so I mis-typed without the 1. Kill me.

The calendar shows her coming into the Red Hook Pier on June 12th. I don't have any insider information that either confirms or contradicts this, just the terminal's posted calendar.

:)

DNC-

are you coming from Wisconsin for a one nighter? I was offered the 13th but ended up booking the 14th instead. But that's another story.

Tell me, what type of goodies do the TA's get on the pre-inaugurals from Princess?

We are supposed to be sailing on the 12th so I think that is wrong. We will be back into NY on the 13th though and the first revenue sailing I believe is the 14th.

Either they are planning two "one night fam(iliarization) cruises" or they need the extra day to remove all the mess y'all are going to make on the ship.

-----Burton

Naaaawwww...we are all well behaved people, no messes from us! LMAO!!

All I know for now is that it's a 2 night cruise to nowhere out on the 11th and back on the 13th. I think there are probably a few short ones before that one as well. That's what they usually do are several short cruises for us to get on and see cabins, pools etc., and play with all the bells and whistles on board. This gives them time to work out all the little problems before the ship sails with the first real passengers!

I'm thinking of booking this cruise -- my son gets out a school a week earlier (he changed schools recently) -- so we might avoid the big vacation rush.

The idea of an inaugural cruise -- both cool as a bit concerning! In general -- how's the service and staff on Princess? Are they likely to think on their feet and get things right?

Thx -- Pete

This gives them time to work out all the little problems before the ship sails with the first real passengers!

Yeah, but NEVER, NEVER, NEVER stand in front of the shrimp bowl at a Travel Industry function. That's a lesson I learned the hard way.

-----Burton

Yeah, but NEVER, NEVER, NEVER stand in front of the shrimp bowl at a Travel Industry function. That's a lesson I learned the hard way.

-----Burton

What I want to know is where you travel professionals are getting the free shrimp? I never got one freebie as a TA. Okay, that's not true, I won a cruise on The Big Red Boat, but never took the thing. Every time I went to a lecture about a country or porduct they gave away stuff, but I never got my paws on any of it. Poo :D

LOL!! So true!! Sometimes I'm so embarassed at what I see at some events!

And as for those freebies at trade shows or seminars, 24 years I've been doing this and so far I've won 1 bottle of rum and a t-shirt from a Virgin Islands seminar and I swear I thought I'd have to have security guards to make it to my car that night!!

I'm sure we'll all be a well behaved group though!!

Every time I went to a lecture about a country or porduct they gave away stuff, but I never got my paws on any of it. Poo :D

How do you tell a timid TA? S/he's the one WITHOUT a toothpick smelling like shrimp.

Seriously, as the DH, I can tell you that @ industry functions - getting to the shrimp platter requires approximately the same skill set as a Rugby scrum, or the old Filene's basement/Lohmans on sale day.

-----Burton

Archived