Upgrade and Embarkation

stephen@stoneyard.co.uk

I have a just had a Cunard booking confirmation from my travel agent saying we have been upgraded (C2 to P2) on our QE2 cruise. Unfortunately the tickets and luggage tags arrived before the upgrade so refer to the old cabin.

Anybody know how embarkation will work for us. Will the luggage go to the right cabin? My travel agent does not know if we will get new tickets and luggage tags before we depart.

Thanks, Stephen.

Stephen - The simple answer is alter them. This happened to us with an upgrade and we did not get new tickets so just changed the cabin number and added an additional label as well to be sure. Can't remember if the labels are colour coded to decks though (bet someone will know)

David.

I have a just had a Cunard booking confirmation from my travel agent saying we have been upgraded (C2 to P2) on our QE2 cruise. Unfortunately the tickets and luggage tags arrived before the upgrade so refer to the old cabin.

Anybody know how embarkation will work for us. Will the luggage go to the right cabin? My travel agent does not know if we will get new tickets and luggage tags before we depart.

Thanks, Stephen.

the baggage handlers will give you new baggage labels just ask for them!!!!!

Well yes, but would you want the hassle on the quayside? And they still will not be numbered for your cabin.

If they are correctly numbered they will be delivered to your cabin.

David.

You will most likely not get new tickets or baggage tags. The only instances I've heard of where new tickets have been issued are if the original set are lost, stolen, etc.

The tickets are not a problem... They will (or should) have your new cabin number on the manifest which is printed that day with final cabin numbers (including last-minute upgrades). All the correct information will also be in their computers. These days the tickets are really just a formality; passengers who book last-minute don't even get tickets at all! Within two or three years I expect that paper tickets will be gone altogether...

As for tags, do not use the ones that are with your tickets. When you get to the quay, you will have to hand your bags over to a baggage handler. When you do this, simply asking him or her for new tags. They have special blank ones for this purpose and will write your new cabin number on them. You should not use the old tags as they have other information aside from the cabin number on them, which may be incorrect now that you have a different cabin... So you are better off using the blank tags.

......The tickets are not a problem... They will (or should) have your new cabin number on the manifest which is printed that day with final cabin numbers (including last-minute upgrades). All the correct information will also be in their computers. These days the tickets are really just a formality; passengers who book last-minute don't even get tickets at all! Within two or three years I expect that paper tickets will be gone altogether....

It aint necessarily so ..... we were upgraded C2 to P2 last May and were unaware of it until we were tannoyed on board (after unpacking) and asked to move cabins - it appears everyone knew we had been upgraded apart from us and the computer at the check-in desk.

Stephen - change the cabin number on your old labels if you don't get new ones. The left hand at Cunard doesn't know what the right one is doing!!!

We were upgraded from a P2 to a Q4 when we arrived to check our baggage. It seems this is a regular occurence. The baggage handlers in Southampton changed all the tags and we boarded with the Queens Grill passengers.

Archived