Pearl Any Info?

hsc

We received a notice from our TA last week offering very good rates on the Pearl sailing from Miami next winter and spring. Back to back 9 days to the Southern Carrribean, 5 days to the Western Carribean. Same as we took on the Spirit in 2005.

Charles

Should have added you can take either the 9 day or the 5 day cruise. Do not have to take them both. But together they are a very good deal. Only one round trip air fare to pay. In 2004 we took 2 back to back 7 day cruises on the old SKY from San Juan and in 2005 2 back to back cruises (one 9 days, second 5 days) on the Spirit from Miami.

Charles

I only know very little from what my TA told me and from what I heard about it last week when I sailed on the JEWEL. It has a bowling alley and since it's a sister ship to the Dawn and the Jewel it will be similar in layout and size. I have 2 rooms booked for the Dec. 22, 2006 sailing out of Miami to East. Carib.

I am a little confused. I can find the Pearl on some websites but not others. NCL does not list it on their site with their fleet. I have heard it is to be launched Feb. 2007, yet in some places see listingings earlier. I am looking for something thr first week or two of Jan 2007, and as mentioned, 9 day Southern Caribbean rates look very good. Is it safe to book a new ship this far out?

CL CORPORATION ANNOUNCES NAMES FOR ITS TWO NEW SHIPS --NORWEGIAN PEARL AND NORWEGIAN GEM

Company’s newest Freestyle Cruising vessels will be delivered in 2007

MIAMI, January 3, 2006 - Today, NCL Corporation (NCL) is proud to announce the names of its two newest ships – Norwegian Pearl and Norwegian Gem. The ships, previously known as hull S.669 and S.670, will be Norwegian Jewel class ships and will be delivered in February 2007 and October 2007 respectively.

Currently under construction at Meyer Werft in Germany, Norwegian Pearl and Norwegian Gem will feature all the attributes of NCL’s dynamic modern Freestyle Cruising fleet with multiple restaurants, vibrant public rooms, versatile, family-friendly accommodations and NCL’s popular new style of accommodations - Courtyard Villas - which along with each ship’s two Garden Villas -- make up the biggest, most luxurious, most innovative suite complexes at sea.

“Norwegian Pearl and Norwegian Gem will be the ninth and 10th big new ships to join the NCL fleet since the fleet modernization began in late 1999,” said Colin Veitch, president and CEO of NCL Corporation. “Once Norwegian Gem is delivered in 2007, over 80 percent of NCL’s capacity will be big, new and modern, keeping NCL on track to offer the youngest fleet in the industry by 2010.”

Norwegian Pearl and Norwegian Gem will join Pride of Hawai`i when she is launched in April and the seven big new ships built since 1999 and already in service – Norwegian Sun, Norwegian Star, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Spirit, Pride of Aloha, Pride of America and Norwegian Jewel.

NCL will announce specifics on the new ships’ public rooms and itineraries in the near future including details about each ship’s distinctive hull artwork.

NCL Corporation ("NCL") is an innovative cruise company headquartered in Miami, Florida, with a fleet of 15 ships in service and under construction. The corporation oversees the operations of Norwegian Cruise Line, NCL America, and Orient Lines. The company is currently building three ships, including one more for the NCL America brand in Hawai`i - Pride of Hawai`i (delivery in April 2006), and Norwegian Pearl and Norwegian Gem for delivery in 2007.

For further information, please contact NCL in the U.S. and Canada at (800) 327-7030; visit NCL’s website at http://www.ncl.com or on AOL at keyword: NCL; or to download high-resolution photography, visit http://www.ncl.com/hires.

I would love to sail on it on an Eastern Car. itinerary Looks like it will be an awesome ship!

We just booked an AC penthouse suite for the Jan 19th sailing of the Pearl! We are in suite 10000...I can only hope that it is as nice as suite 10000 on the Jewel...what a beautiful stateroom that is! I am looking forward to reading all about the Pearl as new info is released. We have cruised on NCL for the last 6 years...so I know what a great time we will have!

February 2007 was the originally-planned date, but Meyer Werft is now planning to deliver her in November 2006 - see the future plans mentioned in this press release.

way to go Meyer Werft! They are working at a rapid rate, they are building amazing! Keep it up!

We're waiting until they release Pearl's Alaska season itineraries. We'd like to do a Pacific Coastal Repo from down south to Vancouver on NCL Pearl.

We got a mailing from our TA about a month ago. They were taking bookings on the Pearl starting in December, 2006. So NCL expects it to be ready by them. We will be going on a cruise in Feb. or March, 2007. Not sure yet if it will be on the Pearl. A lot will depend on the price. For us the age or size of the ship does not make much difference. Had just as good a time on the Crown as on the Star. Norwegian keeps all of their ships clean and in good shape.

Charles

Archived