Coral Gables Pre Cruise? Miami port

airmanship

Any one ever stay in Coral Gables pre cruise (Miami Port)?

I am looking as this area for several reasons...

1. Can't get Downtown hotel for fair price right now on priceline.

2. We want 2 rooms for our family of 4 and Downtown hotels don't fit into my budget.

If you have any info on Coral Gables (ie: resturants,shops,booze/liquor,things to do in area afternoon before cruise) would be GREATLY appreciated!

I know that the port in within 10 mi , How much would a taxi be?

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Coral Gables post cruise last week. It was very nice, the best HI we've stayed at. The room was very clean and the hotel has a pool. The hotel is within walking distance of a Burger King. If you walk a bit further you'll find Coral Way, a long street full of upscale shops and a Subway. We ate dinner at John Martin's Irish Pub, very good, but pricey food. Walk a bit down Coral Way and you'll find a Ross and Sears. I'm not sure what's in the other direction of the hotel. The staff was very friendly. I'm sure they could get you a cab to take you to a store to pick up your pre-cruise supplies :) I think the cab from the pier was about $35 after tip, it may be a bit more due to port traffic.

Good luck!

Coral Gables is a beautiful upscale suburb of Miami with some of the best shopping and restaurants in South Florida. Taxi fare from the airport to Coral Gables runs $20-$30. Enjoy. ;)

I stayed at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables in late April and found it to be a delightful property with excellent, friendly service. Many, many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel; shopping available, as well.

Archived