Galaxy Spruce Up?

CruisinFromTx

Looking at Galaxy's Itinerary for the Spring of 2007 it finishes in the Caribbean on April 27 and doesn't have another Itinerary until May 21st when it starts its Eastern Mediterranean cruises. Based on all the comments I have read on this board, could it be that it's being repaired during this month gap?

Per the press release from RCI earlier this month, Galaxy will have a 14 day transatlantic from San Juan on April 27, which still leaves 10 days unaccounted for before its first scheduled Med cruise. :confused: 10 days is not really a whole lot of time for a drydock, but it leaves the possibility of a "wetdock" for replacement of windows, carpets ,etc. and some nice sprucing up. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is the case, since I have a family reunion scheduled for the July 2, 2007 cruise!!!!:D

Are 10 days enough for Galaxy's centurization?

Galaxy already has verandas, no need to do the same as the Century. Most dry docks are for the maintenance of things that can't be seen by passengers and I think many people expect too much when a ship goes into drydock.

Are 10 days enough for Galaxy's centurization?

No, 10 days would only be enough time to take care of minor cosmetic changes. It would be enough time to refinish decks, recarpet, change windows (;) !), replace bedding, small things like that. But at this point it really is just conjecture coming from the 10 day gap in Galaxy's schedule next May.

10 days likely wouldn't be enough time to do other improvements, such as adding a specialty restaurant, which are as much a part of the Century refurb as the balcony additions. I'd expect to see her out 3-4 weeks. Schedules change ;)

Archived