Priceline Hotels And How Does It Work

We are planning on a cruise out of Miami in April on the BOS and would like to stay close to the pier. How does Priceline work so that we can bid on

a hotel close. I see alot of people stay at the Hyatt - Does priceline bring

this hotel up to bid on or do you just take your chances.

I just did my first priceline bid for Vancouver and got a 4 star hotel, the Hyatt Regency for 60 dollars for 9/5. Without priceline the room was #279.00.

Before you bid, go to biddingfortravel.com and reasearch what bids are being accepted and what hotels are accepting the bids. You will not have a choice of hotel but you will get an idea which hotels are accepting bids. Do you research first to avoid dissappointment and overbidding.

Your credit card is charged immediately and there are no cancellations.

Good luck.

Moonmountain.. you won't know what hotel you are getting until after you place a bid. The way it works is that you select an area and a star rating. Then enter how much you want to pay per night. check out http://www.biddingfortravel before placing a bid. This site gives you good info on what bid prices are getting accepted and also have a listing of which hotels are in which areas. Make sure you read through everything on the priceline site and on the biddingfortravel site so you completely understand how the rules work. once a bid is accepted they have a no refund/no change policy. Hope this helps

I just did a bid for San Diego Old Town and had 2 rooms accepted for $43 a night. Last year in FLL we got the Mariott hotel and Marina for $37 (or somewhere close to that)

I am in total agreement with using the biddingfortravel.com website as a valuable research tool for using Priceline.

I love Priceline and for our May 2003 cruise on Navigator out of Miami we were successful in getting the Hyatt Regency for $27.00 per night. That is my greatest success with Priceline to date.

Good Luck!

Emmy

Try http://www.biddingfortravel.com Everything is explained there. When you bid you chose a star level and sections in the city,any hotel in that section with that star level can accept your bid.
But before you do anything, you must print out, sit down and READ the FAQ. And re-read it. And again. And again.

Until you understand what's there and why they're telling you to do what they do.

Otherwise you run the risk of being lured into bidding and paying too much. Once your bid's accepted, you've paid the money and there's no going back.

The moderator at biddingfortravel is very heavy handed...And that is putting it in a nice tone.. providing no slack for any type of errors or request that don't fit the exact FAQ format. (if you don't believe me.. go check out reqests for bidding help that don't specificaly conform to the moderators/ sites standards....) Just a warning.... don't make a mistake... or be prepared for a non-friendly note.

An alternate site listing this type of bidding information is http://www.betterbidding.com they list both priceline and hotwire hotel deals. Additionally the moderators are very friendly and will answer all types of questions without an attitude.

No axe to grind, just a friendly warning. I Don't have any interests in either of the sites, primarily a lurker both locations.

From what I see on biddingfor travel:

There are Hyatts in two zones:

Miami Downtown

3 Star

Hyatt Regency (best bid $38 for July)

Coral Gables

4 Star

Hyatt Regency Coral Gables (Best bid 50 for June)

:eek: I disagree with the post on the moderator for biddinfortravel.com, they are trying to help you get the best price, they might not talk foo foo with you but they will teach you how to get great rates. We also got the hyatt in oct, $55 and the venitian in vagas for july for $99 going rate is $179. Just make sure you understand the rebidding process.

Have to agree about the moderator on Bidding for Travel...her name starts with an S...she can be pretty rough on people...has no patience at all for those who do not complete the FAQ questions totally and completely...BEWARE! Other than that, BFT is an awesome way to figure out how to bid...I personally don't ask any questions...I just lurk and learn! I can't remember the last time I spent full price on a hotel room...my husband thinks I am the Priceline Queen! Good Luck

Cant agree more with my fellow priceline users. I studied a few hours on biddingfortravel.com and for my next holiday in septemberI got two nights at the Gaylord Plams resort for 85 dollars a night (normal price 250 dollars) and three nights at the Hilton Resort for 61 dollars (normal price 189 dollars) night. Both in Orlando. I also got one night in San Juan before our cruise at the Caribe Hilton for 80 dollars. I saved a bundle and as an extra I got a few great hotels.

Archived