Anyone Ever Been Told a Cruise is Sold Out When Booking?

Live2Cruise30

I just was told that for a cruise for htis December to Barbados & Puerto Rico. But if I go to the travel sites I noticed that it is still available. I asked Carnival Rep about this & :mad: they said that those sites purchase some rooms to sell..I was disppointed because we really wanted to sail on that cruise...

I just was told that for a cruise for htis December to Barbados & Puerto Rico. But if I go to the travel sites I noticed that it is still available. I asked Carnival Rep about this & :mad: they said that those sites purchase some rooms to sell..I was disppointed because we really wanted to sail on that cruise...

Why the disapointment if you can still book the cruise?:confused:

Bill

Hi... just wondering if anyone has ever "went" to book a cruise and been told it was sold out?? If so, how close was the day you were trying to book it in relation to the actual cruise date?? Thanks!:)

I was "sold" a cabin on RCCL with a land tour. TA called the next day to say they really didn't have the cabin, ship was sold out, nothing available, sorry. :(

I also at the same time got a special email offer from Princess which matched close to what we wanted to do (Canada / New England) so we jumped on that and were happy.

Guess I could of gone online an trashed the TA and/or RCCL but things happen...:D

We had a great trip as it was....

So go to the travel site and book through them.

That's what I was thinking too. We've only booked our two cruises through our TA. If you really want to go, just go ahead and book it however you can. Not sure why you're saying you can't go. Carnival doesn't care who you book through, they make money either way.

I have still got on a sodl out cruise....

It helps to check back often when a cruise is sold out. Sometimes you can sneak in on a room that was on hold and is no longer. Sometimes there are cancelations and such.

Archived