ADVICE NEEDED ASAP! 2 connect Prom Staterooms or 4 in a Superior Balcony?

We have to pay today and I can't decide! Would love any input. I think the 2 staterooms would give us a bit more space and 2 baths but would we regret not doing the balcony?

This is a big deal for us, we don't do costly vacations every year and this will be our first with the kids so we don't want to make a bad choice!

Thanks.:)

I would go with the balcony. It is my opinion there is nothing quite as pleasant as having a balcony on a cruise. The ability to enjoy the sea air and the view are not to be missed. If you don't take big vacations often I would be even more inclined to enjoy a balcony stateroom.

Four in a room is not that bad especially with children your age.

Have fun.

One thing I might add to this is also to consider your itinerary. Kids are usually in Adventure Ocean during the day. If there are alot of port days, then if it were me I would do the 2 promenade rooms. But on the other hand, I have cruised with 2 kids in the room with me and I think I would still go with a promenade room. The extra space is invaluable.

Missy

The 2 promenade rooms would be 153 sf each. The balcony room would be 206 sf + 42 sf balcony. Would that be worth it just for the space or for the room divider and extra bath?

When we travel we usually stay in nice hotels with rooms that are 400 sf and more so this will be a sacrifice for us any way we do it!

After having a balcony, I could never do without one. We shared a room with our (big) kids on the EOS. Yes, it's tight, but the balcony is another room to me...we're out there a lot! I'll be doing it again in June, but this may be the last time...

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise, but IMO the balcony makes the whole thing perfect!

Guest cruzr44

Does the balcony have two pullmans? That would be perfect if it did. If not they will be using a rollaway or sofa. There are very few balcony/inside connecting cabins on each ship. Might one be available and you could go that route? I do like my balcony and it would be doable with small kids. Are you talking two insides or two ocean views? If you go balcony see if you have a "true quad", if not see if you can get one. I know, I'm not much help. Did you decide yet?

Go promenade. The extra bathroom will make all the difference. Not to mention the extra TV. And the SEPARATE bedrooms. And the extra closet space. And the extra drawer/cabinet space. Also, I'd think the kids would enjoy the view more on the promenade. As another poster said, you and hubby can do balcony on a later cruise.

Guest cruzr44
I think I still want the balcony even though the majority is leaning towards the two promenade inside rooms.

Just curious what ship and date are you going? I think if you REALLY have your mind set on a balcony go for it. You're going to drive yourself nuts! Is this your first cruise?

If the kids were bigger, I'd say get 2 rooms - as the sofabeds are terribly uncomfy, and it seems the spendier balcony rooms often have that configuration, rather than pullmans. But a 9 and a 4 year old will sleep pretty much anywhere, in my experience, and you will probably enjoy the balcony at night after they are asleep. (No, I didn't mean THAT!)

2 PR. You really only sleep in there, but the space will be welcome. Or you could do what my family did. Kids in the PR and adults in the balcony across the hall. That worked out really well.
I'd feel a little uneasy putting a 9 and a 4 year old in a room by themselves.

I vote balcony.

You'll probably have one kid sleeping on the sofa bed and one in a pullman. Your kids are relatively small and if I remember correctly, I was still supervising showers and other stuff with a four year old. So the extra bathroom might not be necessary. There are showers in the workout area if a grownup needs one.

I think the balcony adds something really special to a cruise. It adds a lot of light to the room in the daytime and makes it feel larger. It's always obvious that you're on a cruise and not staying in a hotel.

I doubt the kids will spend a great deal of time there because the kids' activities will be more exciting to them. But remembering my Mom days, I think you will enjoy the down time of just sitting in your own little private piece of heaven.

Last week hubby and I had a balcony room and kids across the hall in a PR. PR is no big deal...balcony is GREAT! Slept with the sliding door slightly open everynight, just to hear the ocean. Coffee out there each morning. What a great way to wake up and see the ocean. I would never ever go on a cruise without a balcony room.

Archived