kings wharf question?

Tink8483

My boyfriend and I will be on the 7-15 norwegian dawn to bahamas and bermuda. we are stopping in kings wharf i believe from 8am to 4pm.

we really want to do the dolphin encounter...has anyone done it there before? should i book it thru the ship or should we just wait till we get off the ship and im sure there will be people from the island there selling excursions? or if anyone has any websites for the dolphin encounter that would be great too! or any other suggestions for excursions for kings wharf! thank soo much!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Not that again! Please do a search on this forum. There is a very, very, very, very long thread on that subject. It is quite controversial, and I'm sure many of us would prefer not to rehash it again.

Sorry for the above rude answer. That poster must have been having a bad day.

We didn't do the dophin encounter but we did visit the Bermuda Maritime Museum which is the big fort area where the dophins are housed. We got to watch the trainers with the dophins and then see the people go in with them. Everyone that did it seemed to have a good time even the dophins.

Here is a link to the Bermuda Maritime Museum.

http://www.bmm.bm/

Here's a link with some info on Dophin Quest

http://www.bermuda4u.com/Attractions/bermuda_attractions_dolphin_quest.html

and then what I think is their official site.

http://www.dolphinquest.org/destinations/bermuda/index.php?aID=1z1

Have a great next cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We did Dolphin Quest while in Bermuda last August and enjoyed it. We booked directly with Dolphin Quest using their website. I believe you have more options of what type of program you want to do if you book directly through them. It may be a bit cheaper, too.

However, since you are only going to be there for a few hours, be careful if you book it yourself not to 'miss the boat.' If you book an excursion through the ship, you are guaranteed not be be left behind.

It's just a short walk to Dolphin Quest from the dock at King's Wharf, so you shouldn't have much trouble though.

Another consideration - just in case you haven't been to Bermuda before, you might want to spend what little time you have seeing more of those beautiful islands than just the Dockyard. I believe there are dolphin encounters in the Bahamas as well.

Hope you have a great time!

Archived