75% on FORMALS AT DILLARD'S

gymbrat33

I just purchased another formal at Dillard's. It is long and red. the top of it is like a halter top and has rhinestones, is backless and has criss cross straps on the back. It was originally $164 and was on sale for $41. I didn't need it, but couldn't pass up a bargain like that. I'm leaving on a cruise on July 15th and for the first time I didn't need to buy anything for the cruise, but I couldn't resist. I've purchased all of my formal wear at Dillard's and never paid full price.

Snowball,

Thank you! I'm sure you'll find a bargain like that especially now that they have a lot of gowns on sale after prom season. If you're sailing out of Miami, you can go to a Dillard's store and find formals as well as clothes.

Spongerob,

Has your wife also found shoes on clearance at Dillard's? Last August I wanted to purchase these shoes that were $69 and did't buy them because they were too expensive. Then I went a month later and were 75% off so I got them for $17.

Dillards must be the place to go! I just got 2 full length gowns for $24 and $32. They were originally $170 and $190!

Another place to try is consignment stores. I go in the wealthier neighborhoods and have found formal wear with the tags still on it! I usually wear my cocktail clothes 2-3 times and then sell it at the consignment store so I'm really not out much and always wearing something new!

I got my formal for my September cruise at Dillard's about 2 weeks ago. Originally $130, I paid $34.00 after tax! What a steal! I have also purchased my formals for my 2 of my past 5 cruises and have never paid over $50.00 for any of them.

If you don't have a Dillards, do you have a Bergners? We just brought home four formals for a little over $120. One of mine was $42 and the other three were $23. I am keeping the most expensive one and my daughter is debating between keeping the other two. One is going back because I didn't realize it was a strapless and I can't wear those.

Another good place is a women's shop called Deb's.

I have also found great bargins at JC Penney and Sears. I to found a great formal for my cruise in 2002 at Dillards. It was 75% off, I think it was something like $35 and it was a 3 piece outfit. With a black sheer tank & skirt and long black sheer beaded duster. Gold beading. Just checked JC Penney last week and they have their stuff marked 50 & 60% off now.

My wife spent most of the weekend at Dillards.:eek: Fortunately, everything she bought was 75% off :D and also looks great on her ;) The only problem is that she can't decide on what to bring on the cruise. :rolleyes:

My wife and I just got back from Dillard's and she bought a full length wine colored formal and a sexy black cocktail dress for $20.00 and 30.00 respectfully. What a deal! My wife looks so good in them. I love the 75% off sales!

Wow! Thanks for the insight! I only needed one formal, but bought two. I couldn't resist! What a great selection and beautiful gowns. I love these boards! The formals are light green and champagne. Both were close to $200 originally, but paid less than $50 each. I've never found such a deal on a formal.

This sale wasn't advertised in our newspaper.

I'm glad that you found two formal dresses. Keep going back. They always have great deals.

Make sure to go the first 2 weeks in September. They have a lot of shoes at 75% off. Last August I wanted a pair of formal shoes for my cruise and they were too expensive at $69. When I went back in December they were $17. I bought 4 pairs for $65.

I wanted a Ralph Lauren shirt which was $29 on Sunday. I didn't buy it, and I decided to go back on Monday it was $7.25. I also bought another Ralph Lauren shirt for $6.00 and a cocktail dress originally $54 at $13.50.

• 2 years later...

We don't have a Dillards but do have a Herbergers, which I think is an affiliate. Not only did they have gowns 75% off, but this Wed. was Senior Citizen day with an extra 15% off (20% with their store card), if you are over 55. (One of few times I'm glad to be 'aged'!) I practically cried when I couldn't find one that I liked and that fit!

I have also found great bargins at JC Penney and Sears. I to found a great formal for my cruise in 2002 at Dillards. It was 75% off, I think it was something like $35 and it was a 3 piece outfit. With a black sheer tank & skirt and long black sheer beaded duster. Gold beading. Just checked JC Penney last week and they have their stuff marked 50 & 60% off now.

There are great sales going on right now at JC Penneys! I just got back from there and bought 2 formal dresses! I'm glad I waited the last minute to buy mine...it's worth the wait! I bought one long ballgowny type dress for just $14.78 and the other dress which is shorter but also considered formal for only $8.00! Can you believe that? I wish I know how to post pictures up because I'm really proud for finding them! What a bargain!:D

My local JC Penney only carries a bunch of junk in the plus sizes I need. However, today I went to our Dillard's outlet store. They were having 50% off the already reduced clearance prices. Walked out with a gorgeous teal Maggy London gown for $17.99, and a lovely black chiffon floor length skirt for $11.

Hubby did well too, he bought 6 very nice tailored shirts and two ties for a total of $58. It was also tax free weekend. :D

Great shopping day!!

Cindi

Archived