Table for Two

Cruising P&J

Odd - my wife and I prefer a round table for six - but then we do enjoy meeting new people and sharing experiences.

We've never asked for a table for two in the Dining Room - and they do seem to be in short supply, according to some of our tablemates.

Congrats on the anniversary.

We were on the Dawn last year and all but one night had a table for two. Wait is no more than 5-15 minutes. I wondered if they made us wait a little merely because we asked for a table for two, they always frowned and said we could be seated immediately if we joined others. It wasn't too bad of a wait and if it's your anniversary, the privacy will be worth it. Not all the tables for two on the Dawn are that close together, but some are. Enjoy your anniversary!

Usually there is a long wait...but if you plan on a long relaxing dinner...ask the maitie'd the evening before you are planing to dine at a table for two...he/she will be able to help you...or you could book a table for two at one of the speciality restaurants, since it is a special occation...live a little! Have a very happy aniversary!

10226-003-12-1071.gif

rev1.gif

I have sailed on the Golden and the Carribbean Princess and have ONLY dined at a table for 2. It really is no problem. They may ask if you would like to dine with others but when you state that you prefer a table for 2 then a table for 2 is what you will get, sometimes immediately, sometimes after 5 mins, occasionally after 15 mins wait. Quite frankly, if I couldn't get my table for 2, I wouldn't cruise Princess - it is what Personal Choice is all about - Make use of it and enjoy!

My husband has a hearing problem and cannot participate in conversation in a semi-noisy environment like the dining room. It embarasses him, so we always get a table for two.

What we have started doing is signing up for the Personal Choice dining, asking for a table for 2 the first night, and if we like the waiter and ass't waiter, then we ask to reserve that table for the rest of the cruise. If we don't care for the service, then we try a different table for two until we get what we want. It sometimes takes a couple nights, but it has always worked out.

We will be sailing on the Dawn in two weeks and also celebrating out 40th anniversary. This is our first cruise without a large group. Is it difficult to get a table for two in the Dinning rooms??:confused:

Are you doing PC or traditional dining? With traditional you can request a table for 2 before your cruise through your TA. If you are doing PC dining you will have to wait until you are on the ship and request it each night, or as another poster said, pick a dining room and reserve a table for 2 for the entire cruise.

I also agree with another poster, part of cruising is meeting other people and at the dining table is a good time to do that. We celebrated our 40th last year on a cruise and had a table for 8 on the Coral. We had 4 delightful English ladies at the table with us and had a wonderful time. You wouldn't think that 2 couples from the South would have so much fun with 4 ladies from England but we did. It was one of the highlights of our cruise and definitely part of the cruise experience that I was expecting.

We always request a table for 2 - spent years in jobs that required making conversations with strangers and on vacation want to just enjoy each other. Have never had a problem in being seated with just the two of us. Go for it!

Just returned yesterday from the Dawn Mexican Riveria. We (two guys) requested a table for two each night and got it (either a four top just for us, or a two top). In a few instances we had to be somewhat firm; this trip they seemed to have forgotten how to ask if you would like to share or not.

About four days into the trip; one matre'd seemed to take a liking to us and was able to take care of us each night. We tipped him on the fourth day - - sure that had something to do with it.

As one cruiser mentioned; you requested Personal Choice - then that is what you should get. We would check in - get a beeper - and go to the Pastisserie Bar for delightful time with Darren and Rowena.

Rich & Merlyn:)

Archived