Penthouse Suite - Constellation Slide Show

cruisedoctor

Here is a link to my slide show containing a comprehensive set of photos of the Penthouse Suite on Celebrity's Constellation, and some other highlights of that ship. Since all the Millennium Class ships are virtually the same, you can use this tour as representative of any of those four vessels.

In order to fully enjoy the experience be sure to maximize the "show" window, and be sure to turn your speakers on.

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/ue9Jt6sF

Here is a link to my slide show containing a comprehensive set of photos of the Penthouse Suite on Celebrity's Constellation, and some other highlights of that ship. Since all the Millennium Class ships are virtually the same, you can use this tour as representative of any of those four vessels.

In order to fully enjoy the experience be sure to maximize the "show" window, and be sure to turn your speakers on.

Wow, that was quite a clip! Loved the penthouse...we could retire in it very easily! Thanks for the link.

Esther

Last September, on a cruise to Alaska on the Infinity, we had the pleasure of sharing a table in the main dining room with a couple from Australia who were staying in PS 6147. The table was a table for eight located next to the captain's table. Everyone at the table got along wonderfully. One night they invited us to have dinner with then in the penthouse. What a wonderful experience. One I'd never dreamed I'd have the opportunity to do. That night we saw the northern lights off their balcony. It was the perfect evening.

We were staying in aft cabin 7203. Our balcony was directly above their balcony. We'd get up every morning and say hello to each other while they were enjoying breakfast on their deck. Needless to say, we had a wonderful cruise which included the unexpected treat of dining in the penthouse.

Carol

P.S. Alaska was absolutely fabulous, also.

The penthouse sleeps four. A king size bed in the bedroom, and a double sofabed in the living room. There is a connecting sky suite to the penthouse for a larger occupancy, or if the additional passengers didn't want to "rough it" on a sofabed.

Great slideshow thanks for sharing. I have a question when looking at the floor plan of the penthouse suites the veranda appears to have an area with stairs going somewhere. Where are these stairs going? The only thing I see below is the dining room - and that doesn't make sense to me. I'm totally confused.

A butler once told me that the steps lead down to the dining room. The penthouse occupants have their own private entrance to the dining room.

:eek: Eek, does that mean someone can come up that - or does it have a cardkey entrance like the stateroom door?

Someone mentioned on this site that the stairs do not lead to the dining room that it was there for staff to come up and clean the windows and take a smoke break on the stairs.

I looked at the deck plan of the Connie and there is a small box in the aft corner of the Entertainment Deck and that should be where the stair lead to and it is the dining room on the enterainment deck wich is just below the penthouse deck. So it is a mystery for right now until someone stays in another penthouse on the Milli style ships and goes down the stair and photograph and investigates the matter.

Here is the link to the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=336884&highlight=penthouse+stairs

Paul

CruiseMob, the stairs on the verandah serves two purposes. (1) they are sort of an external emergency exit that descend down to decks 3 and 2. One can NOT enter the dining room from these. (2) The crew uses them to access the Penthouse verandahs in order to gain entrance to the window washing scaffold. If you look carefully at the 4th picture in my show (shot of aft portion of ship) you will see a crew member on the window washing apperatus doing the dining room windows, and another crew member standing at the starboard corner of Penthouse Suite 6148's verandah supervising his friend. Over our 12-night cruise I only saw crew on our verandah on two occasions, while in the process of doing windows. From a security standpoint I thought it odd that there wasn't a way for the suite occupant to lock the entrance from the stairwell. I guess they feel that since regular passengers don't have access to those stairs, and that crew should be trusted, that a lock wasn't necessary. We always make sure to keep our verandah doors locked at all times, no matter what room or ship we are on...since it is easy to get from one balcony to another.

I think when I first read about the use of the stairs I felt that it was a poor design feature by the designer for Celebrity in my own personal opinion. I just believe that in an average you are paying anywhere from 8000-15000 per person to stay in this suite and you should not have a huge staircase in your balcony for the staff or help.

I read in the other thread that the staff came up with out a proper amount of notice in my own personal opinion I think if I read correctly sometimes the OP from the other thead said they would call after the fact it occurs. I want to enjoy the suite alone without the staff having to be involved. They should do cleaning when in port and organize a time period when the passenger is away.

Paul

I am still groovin' to the music. Love that stuff. Oh, yeah. The ship was neat,too.:D It was great to see the Penthouse Suite, as it is the only way that it will happen for us! But we will be on Constellation in late August, and I enjoyed seeing the main dining room and other parts of the ship as well. Thank you so much for posting your show.

CruiseMob, the stairs on the verandah serves two purposes. (1) they are sort of an external emergency exit that descend down to decks 3 and 2. One can NOT enter the dining room from these. (2) The crew uses them to access the Penthouse verandahs in order to gain entrance to the window washing scaffold. If you look carefully at the 4th picture in my show (shot of aft portion of ship) you will see a crew member on the window washing apperatus doing the dining room windows, and another crew member standing at the starboard corner of Penthouse Suite 6148's verandah supervising his friend. Over our 12-night cruise I only saw crew on our verandah on two occasions, while in the process of doing windows. From a security standpoint I thought it odd that there wasn't a way for the suite occupant to lock the entrance from the stairwell. I guess they feel that since regular passengers don't have access to those stairs, and that crew should be trusted, that a lock wasn't necessary. We always make sure to keep our verandah doors locked at all times, no matter what room or ship we are on...since it is easy to get from one balcony to another.

Well so much for using the bathroom jacuzzi with the wonderful view. :eek:

Hi Cruisedoctor

I have just watched & listened to your video. Wow, is all I can say. My Husband & I are sailing on the Constellation on 26th August & I was excited before, but even more now!!!

We have never been on a cruise before, I knew the ship would be big, but this has given a whole new perspective. Unfortunately we are not lucky enough to be staying in the Penthouse Suite, however, we have been lucky enough to get an Delux Ocean View with Balcony on the Penthouse deck. So it should still be very special.

Many thanks for sharing your video.:)

Archived