Are there ever any children on New England Cruises?

MTElkwhistle

Mine will be 10 and 13, used to cruising, house trained, polite, sensible and fairly quiet. Oh and being Scots they wear their kilts on Formal nights!!!

Will they be alone in the kids club?

PS havent booked yet but looking at 2007 NY - Quebec if Princess are still doing it.

Please someone answer me as its cold and lonely here in cyber space when no one talks to you.

Thanks

Depends on the week. September is rarely school vacation week (unless a school starts late, then the first week could be closed), so most kids are in school. On Princess in mid September last year there were very few kids.

Mine will be 10 and 13, used to cruising, house trained, polite, sensible and fairly quiet. Oh and being Scots they wear their kilts on Formal nights!!!

Will they be alone in the kids club?

PS havent booked yet but looking at 2007 NY - Quebec if Princess are still doing it.

Please someone answer me as its cold and lonely here in cyber space when no one talks to you.

Thanks

of course i cant say for sure that there will other kids on your cruise, but if all of the children on cruises like yours seem to be it would be wonderful. this itinerary is alot like alaska in that we go there for the culture, history and interesting ports. in my two alaska cruises there have been teens and kids of all ages. more and more families are taking cruises with there familys for these options. i am sure your teens will find others to hang out with. it makes a much better cruise for all of you. i dont think they will be alone in the kids club.

have a great time and i will talk to you anytime you come on. i know how it is too post a question and have no-one answer. keep asking questions :) .

Thanks for your replies.

Much as I'd love to see New England and Canada, I'm beginning to wonder if we should leave it until the boys no longer want to come with us on holiday.

You know what its like - if the kids are happy then everyone is happy.

2007 will probably be on sale next month so we will have to decide by then.

Three reasons why there aren't many kids

1. Its at a time school is in session

2. Doesn't have that much for kids to do(no beaches the water is too cold most of the time)- except Alaska which has a lot to do- glaciers etc cold climates not best for kids

and 3. This tends to be more expensive than either Alaska or the Carribean so you get an older crowd....

We cruised in mid September last year, and there were very few other kids on board.

Doesn't have that much for kids to do...
I would have to disagree (JMHO, of course)...we walked the freedom trail in boston, went sailing and visited lighthouses and LLBean in Portland, did the Diver Ed theater boat in BarHarbor (fun!), went whale watching in Halifax, and hiked along the bay of fundy exploring tidepools and watching seals in Saint John. This is a wonderful route for families, full of history and scenery and wonderful educational activities (not to mention OUTSTANDING seafood for lunch at every port!!!). My kids had a blast (even though my older 2 were the only ones in the teen club!).

Interesting points. My boys enjoy sightseeing and history - even though (or perhaps because) they are surrounded by it here.

They hated the kids club on the Disney ship as it was too busy but loved the old Arcadia cos there were relatively few kids (50 on the ship).

Cold is relative and I guess the pool on board would be heated so they would get in there, I'm guessing it wouldnt be as busy as it is in the Caribbean either.

Oh and its a UK school holiday.

We'll see.

Archived