What would you do?

vaccardi

Which could you afford and prefer  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which could you afford and prefer

• Would not live on a cruise condo, even on a half year share basis
    • @ $100K for 120 sq ft cabin and $1500 month + food per person on refurbished ship
    • @ $350K for 300 sq ft cabin and $2000 month + food per person on refurbished ship
    • @ $900K for 800 sq ft cabin and $3000 month + food per person on refurbished ship
    • @ $1.5M for 800 sq ft cabin and $4000 month + food per person on new ship

I would be interested in knowing what size cabin you would be interested in, considering that there would be no kitchen area or clothes washer required.

Thanks in advance,

Vince

I can't choose any of those options. I could pay 100 thousand a year but the size is too small to suit me and it would have to include all my food. No refurbished ships. Unless it's a nice one like new.

I think I could cruise year round on RCI for less than that. Larger rooms and all the food I could eat, too. And new neighbors every week.

• 1 month later...

I thin if I had it to do over again, I would not buy an apartment on the World, I'd rent.

staying on a ship in a 120 sq ft cabin is ok if you are young and single.

That is only a room 10 ft by 12 ft. It might be ok for a single person for a few weeks, as long as the public spce on the ship were nice.

I thin if I had it to do over again, I would not buy an apartment on the World, I'd rent.

staying on a ship in a 120 sq ft cabin is ok if you are young and single.

That is only a room 10 ft by 12 ft. It might be ok for a single person for a few weeks, as long as the public spce on the ship were nice.

Hello Edxx,

I just replied to your post on the ''How is working aboard the World'' thread. I had not realized you are one of the owners on this ship. Wow, Congratulations!

As for this poll, a rich person is used to large living quarters on land and has probably a closet that is 10x12 :D I think it would then be hard to live in such a thight appartment as described in choice #2 of this poll (120 sq. ft).

For me, it would be a dream to have the chance to WORK on a ship like The World and then have the opportunity to SHARE a very small cabin... funny when I think about it! :D

I have lived in appartments that were small (ok, not as small as a crew member cabins but my first appartment was about 14x20 and that included a small bathroom (shower only), my bed, a small table and cooking area with stove and refrigerator; I guess I could live in a smaller room if the cooking was not involved. :D Some people told me they couldn't live there but for me, it was perfect; I didn't need more and I was able to save some money and I went on a train trip accross Canada (Quebec City to Vancouver, 2 weeks in British Columbia and then I moved to New Brunswick to work and I stayed there for over a year, until the company was sold).

I have some question for you but feel free not to reply if you prefer not telling me, I'm just a little curious. How is to live on The World? How many weeks or months do you stay onboard every year? Do you work (on land or from your floating condo) or are you retired and can now enjoy the world at leisure?

• 3 weeks later...

Would you buy a timeshare on a purposebuilt resort ship...say $24,000 for 21 years of one week cruises in an 800 square foot balcony suite (2 bedroom balcony deluxe with living, dining and kitchenette amenities)

Equates to about $3,000 per year including maintenance fees (up to six can travel) - really, vacation ownership at sea with exchange privilages at over 2,000 5**** resorts around the world...this may be the future...answer year or no and why...

Just an FYI...

Archived