Infinity Family FV cabin, HELP!!!!

tromvest

I want to book a cruise on the Infinity for next May 2007 to Alaska. I see on the Celebrity website that the FV cabins for familes are unavailable for sale, they say they are sold out. They are not sold out, you can just not book them online. I called Celebrity directly telling them I would like to book an FV cabin for my family of 4. They informed me that I had to have either 5 or 6 passengers for that cabin and not 4. The FV cabins are not filled, they are available. I have sailed on this ship a couple of years ago with my family of 4 and had no problems booking this cabin.

Has anyone had this problem on trying to book this cabin, and is there special department at Celebrity that I need to call?

Thanks so much for any input.

I would go through a travel agent and see what they can do for you. The cabin will sleep 4 but 5 or 6 is really pushing it. We have never had any trouble getting one. And try for one of the corner FVs on Decks 7 or 8 cabins 7202, 7199, 8181, or 8166, they are the nicer ones in this category. The corners on 9 are ok but you do get a little noise from the outdoor seating area above.

My family is booked on the Infinity on the July 23rd, 2006 sailing in corner FV8166. We only have three people. I booked our stateroom on the Celebrity web site a couple of months ago. I was told by a customer service rep that they occaisionally release the FV cabins to smaller groups, but generally require at least five passengers. That must have been the circumstance for my reservation.

In fact, I just happened to ask this morning if there were other FV cabins still available on our sailing and was informed there were still two FV cabins available and our sailing is much closer than your date is. With your sailing being in 2007, I would imagine there are still many FV cabins available. I would suggest looking every morning (I suspect cabins may be released in the morning) on the web-site and probably one will become available. Of course, maybe you could persuade them to release one to you. I don't know if they can do that or not...

I hope this helps...

Celebrity is so inconsistant! We have an FV booked for our Summit May 2006 cruise to Alaska - we have 5 in our family and they would only let 4 stay in the cabin. We had to place the extra kid in the grandparent's room next door. They said if we wanted to actually sleep 5 in the cabin it wouldn't be a problem, but they wouldn't book it that way. Go figure.

Just goes to show you how savvy the call center people are.

6 people??? LOL.. where are they going to sleep? On the balcony??

There are four berths in that room.

Millie FV has two convertible sofas.. for very small (read that as children.. and small at that).

On slow and off season sailings and close in, they allow us to put fewer people in the cabin, but they are usually gone by then.

Wow! I booked a corner FV for only two people on my Summit cruise leaving this Sunday. I booked it on the Celebrity web site back in January. I guess I lucked out.

Early season for Alaska!

Archived