Heaven, I'm in Heaven, and my heart beats so................

1688 and 1388 are corner aft cabins. They are classed "D1", but their size and layout are closer to a JS. The balcony is very very large. You get real value for your D category money. :) And some of us love ANY aft cabin. 1688 and 1388 (along with 7688 and 7388) are the best values on the ship, as far as I am concerned.

Did you book both of those rooms for the holiday sailing out of Bayonne?

It does pay to call directly. It is a ways out but I booked the Freedom for Spring break 2008, corner aft 7708. It is the only reason I booked this early. I wanted the E1 cabin my daughter would prefer the pull out bunk to a sofa bed. It looks like the balcony for this cabin is just like the Voyager class, HUGE! I forgot about the $99.00 credit but I'm sure it should also apply to my booking.

If you have a specific cabin you want I would definately book it ASAP.

Carol, I have a question. I've seen the pics of 1388 & 1688, and they look great! We are booked in 1392, which is also aft, but is two doors down from 1388. According to the deck plans the balcony looks larger than standard D1's, but I don't know how accurate those are. I've been told that the balcony is larger, but I'm not sure how much, or if there are any other benefits to these aft cabins other than the balcony. Any idea?

Editing to add -- this is on the Navigator.

Hi Merion Mom- I was the original owner of Sweet Violet, a few doors down from Jakes. I miss it so much. I started it in 1990, then had to sell it in 1996, as my husband was offered a job in Oregon. We now live in WA state. How is Manayunk these days?

Carol, I have a question. I've seen the pics of 1388 & 1688, and they look great! We are booked in 1392, which is also aft, but is two doors down from 1388. According to the deck plans the balcony looks larger than standard D1's, but I don't know how accurate those are. I've been told that the balcony is larger, but I'm not sure how much, or if there are any other benefits to these aft cabins other than the balcony. Any idea?

Editing to add -- this is on the Navigator.

LeeAnne, I've never been inside this particular cabin, but the cabin itself will be the size and layout of any other D1. The balcony will be larger (mostly deeper) than a D1 on the side, but not nearly as large as 1688/1388, which has the "corner advantage". I love the fact that only people who "belong" in the back, go there. It is definitely quieter and less "busy" - sort of liking commuting from the suburbs! :) And it is SO calorie-consuming to walk allllllllllll that way, many times a day - a fabulous justification for cruise-feasting.

Did you book both of those rooms for the holiday sailing out of Bayonne?

Given the price differential, and the jaded tastes of my son and daughter, I nabbed the HUMP GS. See, I'm not anally obsessed with corner afts! ;)

Archived