Amsterdam - July 12 - concern over Copenhagen

carole52m

We embarked in Copenhagen several years ago and it was fine. They do not have a terminal building such as we are accustomed to in FLL, but they had a large tent up and everything went smoothly. It was a pouring, awful day but yet it was fine.

What is your specific concern?

Copenhagen is one of our favorite cities. If you are able, you might wish to go a few days early and the city.

We are in fact going early - as I have a cousin who lives there and we plan to visit her.

My main concern is the flap over the cartoons that were published.

Do you have any special suggestions for Copenhagen. I heard that there is a really good bike tour - did you do it?

No, we didn't do the bike tour. We did lots and lots of walking though. :)

We enjoyed Stroget and Nyhavn. Tivoli is fun and there are great restaurants. We toured some in the countryside outside the city.....had wonderful visits to Copenhagen.

Hope you enjoy visiting with your cousin.

Carole52m

You will love Copenhagen. It is an easy walking city and there is quite a lot to see. We always arrive a few days early and do a bit of sightseeing before boarding the ship.

We have also taken the train out a bit and visited "Hamlet's Castle" and a wonderful Art Gallery that is situated on the coast.

We had a very easy embarkation there a couple of years ago and we have also disembarked there in the late 1990's after a Baltic cruise.

I know there has been a fuss about the cartoons but in this life there is always a risk, even just crossing the road.

Jennie

I agree with S7S and Jennie, the Aussie Gal;) ; Copenhagen is a great City to visit. Although we have never started a cruise from there, we finished one with the Rotterdam last August. Disembarkation went very smooth. The "cartoon incident" & subsequent protests in the Muslim world seem to have quieted down. We unfortunately live in a time and age where retribution and/or acts of terrorism can occur anywhere in the world. To stay at home is to give in to those that wish us harm! Always be aware of your surroundings wherever you go and plan to have the time of your life in Kobenhaven and on your cruise afterwards! The Baltic itineraries are plain awesome:)

Archived