Need Help?.....I'll try

[size=4][color=red]I was not too sure about this new board, and still learning, but would have to say I already like it [color=blue][u][i]BETTER[/i][/u][/color]....and that just changed today;) .....Let me know if I can help and I'll try or we might just learn together!:D [/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#ff0000][/color][/size]

:confused: Ok, Randy, I really, really miss all the notifications popping up in my mailbox and filling it with lots of e-mail about the posts I visited. I feel so lonely and rejected. :( How can I get back that notification again? I'm lost without it. :eek:

[size=3][color=purple]Well Randy - you asked (Need help- I'll try).[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=purple][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=purple]1) I've been having trouble sleeping lately - it seems that all I do when I get in bed is think about my next cruise. Now to some this may not seem like a big problem - but it is keeping me up at night and I'm having problems concentrating at work.[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=purple]2) I having problems concentrating on my class work - you see I'm in the middle of my FINAL class for my degree and all I keep thinking about is getting on this board and checking out the new layout.[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=purple]3) With all these thoughts about cruising and the boards I'm starting to neglect my housework. Now again this may not be a problem for some - but I don't think I can wear the same shirt to work tomorrow - people are starting to talk.[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=purple]So Randy - Can you help me???[/color][/size]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkolivegreen]Randy - dear, darling Randy. YES, you can help me. Pu-leeeze ask the powers that be to use a WHITE background for the posts! I'm really not the only one having problems with this "[color=royalblue]blue on blue[/color]" - surely they can see that it's VERY hard on the eyes. Seriously, I just won't be able to remain a member here at CC if it stays this way. Last night, I actually had a bad headache from squinting to read the threads. I'm not the only 'senior' on this board. I just got new glasses, but truly - I may have to quit. And I don't want to...love the folks on here. Pu-leeeeeze???????? (And Thx.):) [/color][/size][/font][/b]

Hey there Randy, how about fixing our banners ?
I miss seeing the partae pirates banner lol.
Also, could you talk my husband into going on the Fantasy next week for the 4th of Jul? even though it's terribly overpriced and he can't ge the time off work?
I know you can work miracles!
vicki

I'm fine at home where my screen is 1024 x 768 but here at work it's 800 x 600 and I don't know how to change it. Nothing fits on my screen. Plus the font colours work at home, but not here at work. Help! And remember I'm technologically challenged. ;)

Beth

[quote name='nosnobunny']I'm fine at home where my screen is 1024 x 768 but here at work it's 800 x 600 and I don't know how to change it. Nothing fits on my screen. Plus the font colours work at home, but not here at work. Help! And remember I'm technologically challenged. ;)

Beth[/QUOTE]
Go to you internet explorer. Click on "view" and then "text size". You can change it there.

[quote name='Kevin T Brown']Randy, what happened to post total..?? I was over 1,100 on the board and now it's showing 33 or so? :confused:[/QUOTE][size=4][color=darkred]Well Kev.....don't feel bad.....I had like 6800 and I have 700 now.....lol:p [/color][/size]

[size=3][color=red][b]Thanks Kristie for answering "bunny"[/b][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff0000][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff0000][b][color=magenta]Cheryl...Hire a maid and[/color][/b] [color=blue][b]BOOK[/b] [/color][b][color=magenta]a cruise......lol[/color][/b][/color][/size]
[b][size=3][color=#ff00ff][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=darkgreen]Cotton...I see an off white background but I'm in internet explorer......you?[/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#006400][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=blue]Vicki....I see your banner and clock just fine.....Have to gone to your[/color][/size][/b] [color=red][size=3]User CP [color=blue][b]area made it available for you to see?[/b][/color][/size][/color]
[b][size=3][color=#006400][/color][/size][/b]

Being fairly new here I only lost around 20 posts so I guess I should consider myself lucky in that section.

What I really wanted to say though is that I am really enjoying the new boards. Because everyone is "new" to this board it is giving me a great chance to meet everyone and learn with them. Not only that, there isn't nearly as many old posts that I feel I have to read before my first cruise. LOL.

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=darkolivegreen]Randy, I'm Internet Explorer, too. Everybody who has replied in regards to the BLUE on BLUE comment has said the same thing - that it's medium blue print on light blue background. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#556b2f][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#556b2f]It's white here (in the typing area) of course, but the post area is blue. I'm getting my farewell speech in order. :( [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Cotton']

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#556b2f]It's white here (in the typing area) of course, but the post area is blue. I'm getting my farewell speech in order. :( [/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]
[i][font=Georgia][size=4][color=red]You are so right!....COTTON.......I wasn't paying attention........WHITE here but grey or very light blue in the post....It's definitely a lighter background than the text and we can always change the text to a different color and size ........sooooo, I don't know what to tell you dear.:cool: [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[size=4][color=red]cantwait2cruise, there are two ways to see who is online. First, go to the main forum list and scroll to the bottom. It lists everyone who is on the site. At last check there were 815 people! Another way, and less helpful unless you are looking for specific people, is to click on Quick Links at the top and then on "Who's online". It lists each person alphabetically, where they are and what they are doing. Kinda interesting![/color][/size] :)

[size=4]Hstrybuf.....I missed that one.......So tell me what all you see when you are in the Who's online area.....Hosts should see more than you and we were wondering what members were seeing there.......thx for the help.;) [/size]

[quote name='hstrybuf'][size=4][color=red]cantwait2cruise, there are two ways to see who is online. First, go to the main forum list and scroll to the bottom. It lists everyone who is on the site. At last check there were 815 people! Another way, and less helpful unless you are looking for specific people, is to click on Quick Links at the top and then on "Who's online". It lists each person alphabetically, where they are and what they are doing. Kinda interesting![/color][/size] :)[/QUOTE]
[size=4]Hmmmmm, looks to be a good reason to activate "invisible" mode.[/size]

[quote name='Host Kristi']Go to you internet explorer. Click on "view" and then "text size". You can change it there.[/QUOTE]

Nope - doesn't work because my text size is already at the smallest. :( My problem is with the screen resolution. I'm constantly having to scroll not only up and down but side to side because it doesn't all fit on the screen. Plus the fonts are all black instead of the custom colours. I need to find out how to change the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 instead of 800 x 600. One other thing here at work there are no coloured backgrounds - everything is white.

Cotton please don't leave. I love reading your posts. But I feel your pain and frustration. They'll get it straightened out, be patient. :)

Beth

[quote name='nosnobunny']I need to find out how to change the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 instead of 800 x 600[/QUOTE]Go to your Control Panel in Windows, select Display, select Settings and change to 1024x768.

[size=4][color=red]Randy, it lists everyone starting with those whose name begins with numbers then those beginning with an "a". It also lists whether they are viewing, replying, searching etc. and will list a specific forum, index or thread. I haven't tried it any further, but I think if you click on the thread that they are replying to, it should take you right there. :) [/color][/size]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=black]When I change my display settings to 1024x768, it fixed the too wide page but it makes everything on my computer way too small so I had to change it back to 800x600. Can't the website host change the settings in their software? I second that the blue on blue is very hard on the eyes. A lot of people have complained about this over at the Need Help here forum.[/color][/font] :)

Archived