Rooms 9092 and 9094 on Serenade - Beside Glass Elevator

I booked these rooms over the aft on 7 -- it looks like the balconies are just as big and we have the added convenience of being right at the elevators and stairs. Anyone know anything about these rooms or have any comments about being in the room next to the main elevator? Any "people" pictures of those balconies?

Thank you! Would you happen to have any pictures? If you had to guess, about what do the balconies measure? Just curious. When are you going? We are going Feb 2007 - Southern Caribbean itinerary.

Hi there! Since you guys seem to know a lot about the cabins on deck 9 of the Serenade, I need to ask if you know anything about 9570? :D The cabin is fairly midship just beyond the elevators... Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Buckeye Girl: This is actually my first cruise, but I've been researching like a mad woman. Other than the obvious (from looking at the deck plan) -- your room is on the opposite side of the elevators from mine, and the opposite side of the hallway from mine, has a regular size balcony with no obstructions and is directly across from the first interior room closest to the elevators. I think it's a great location. The inside room will be identical to all others in that category (mine included).

• 1 month later...

We are in 9094 D1 on the hump to Hawaii. Does anyone know how big the balcony is (reg is supposed to be 41 sq. ft.). It looks like we will be able to see aft but will our view be obstructed if we look forward? Also - are we looking down at that awning (or whatever you call it) or can you see straight down to the water? Any help or links to photos would be greatly appreciated!!

These are small pics, but the 1st three are 9078 and the 3rd one is 9076. They are the same ones as yours, but forward of the elevator. From reading the boards I understand that you will be able to see great toward the aft of the ship and a little forward but the elevator does stick out a little. You should also be pretty far out over the lifeboat canopies, but will probably see them if looking straight down. Please correct this information if you have actually stayed in one of these cabins. My info is just from searching for pics and reading the boards.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23636&stc=1&d=1150590177

attachment.php?attachmentid=23637&stc=1&d=1150590177

attachment.php?attachmentid=23635&stc=1&d=1150590177

attachment.php?attachmentid=23638&stc=1&d=1150590563

44078838_9078balcony2.jpg.34acf9afb6bacb6cbd8b545bcb65df6f.jpg

443614223_9078balcony.jpg.f95a0a0a495b1950583ee643dc433dc7.jpg

408447007_9078balcony3.jpg.89c2e5406e021a89c13a136d41e6aafa.jpg

331330649_9076cornerelevatorhumplookingforwardsmall.jpg.ca15d36834ff4ecdafc8fc72a954b897.jpg

These are small pics, but the 1st three are 9078 and the 3rd one is 9076. They are the same ones as yours, but forward of the elevator. From reading the boards I understand that you will be able to see great toward the aft of the ship and a little forward but the elevator does stick out a little. You should also be pretty far out over the lifeboat canopies, but will probably see them if looking straight down. Please correct this information if you have actually stayed in one of these cabins. My info is just from searching for pics and reading the boards.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23636&stc=1&d=1150590177

attachment.php?attachmentid=23637&stc=1&d=1150590177

attachment.php?attachmentid=23635&stc=1&d=1150590177

attachment.php?attachmentid=23638&stc=1&d=1150590563

Thanks Tyrkitty for all the trouble you went to posting those for me! They are small, aren't they-lol. Well, you can tell 9078's balcony is bigger than 9076's, but I need to see bigger! I tell ya, you turn 40 and the eyes are gone! Thanks again for your help.

Canuck

I am going on the Serenade to Hawaii in a hump cabin also, thanks for the photos of the larger balcony. Tips we have learned from following Cruise Critics have most helpful. Thank you!!

If you look at the deck plans I think they are pretty much the same width. 9078 is just much deeper. It is the angle also. 9076 has a short and long side wall just as 9078 does since the hump is curving out. 9078's short wall is the length of 9076's long wall. People on the boards talk about the possibility the the depth of 9078 may make the room darker, but I've seen replies from people who have had this cabin and they say not a problem. You may find more information on the Cabin Selection Tips threads. You can search on Radiance class and cabin # etc. That is where I started when I was doing my cabin research.

You can see from the link below I was thinking of 8088 right below 9078 - see response

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=230810&highlight=9078

Also here are some other raves about these cabins and balconies.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=230810&highlight=9078

You may want to also search on Cabin Selection Tips with elevator hump or bump etc.

The one link above gives a sq ft of one of the balconies.

Tyrkitty - Thanks for the tip on going to cabin selections. I happened to see a photo of 7108's balcony (on cruise clues) which is equivalent to 9092 (we are next door in 9094) and I must say the balcony looks hideous!! It is so dark and deep - I would be claustrophobic - looks like no sun at all! I didn't know that they are completely and I mean completely covered. We are used to getting sun on the balcony. Will have to look at the cabin selections to see what is going on!

Canuck

Went to cabin selection tips and couldn't find any information. Considering switching but to where we don't know as the ship is fairly full already. There must be someone out there who has stayed in 9094!! We want to know if it looks like a dungeon of darkness like the one next door!?! Please help us!!!!

CanuckCruizer: Read this entire thread. I knew there was a discussion somewhere about whether the long balcony for Cabins either side of the elevator made the cabin dark and if you got sun on these balconies. Most references in this thread are for cabin 9078. but would apply to any of the cabins right next to the elevator with the very deep balcony. I totally agree it would depend a lot on where you were cruising and which direction the ship would be going - time of year etc as to how the sun would hit the balcony. Also get very inventive with your thread searches - there are a lot of words that can bring up discussions about cabins you are interested in. I know there are a lot of people who rave about these cabins and I seriously considered 8088 before settling on an aft cabin.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=361563&highlight=dark

Thanks again Tyrkitty. Still don't really have an answer. We know that we could not possibly stay in 9092 or 9078 from the pictures I found - it is like a cave - ha ha. Hoping to find info on 9094 or 9076 (which is the same on the other side) and that they are somehow different than 9092 or 9078. 9094 seems more on an angle than the others, so hoping for more light and not so much of a dungeon feel to it-lol. You are so nice trying to help us!!

Canuck

CanuckCruizer: Here is the link to a picture of 9076 on webshots - it is on the bottom row of pictures there - double click it to get a better view. I assume you have gone to the RCL site and looked at the deck plans - the ones right next to the elevator are deeper but the next ones out ie. 9076 are still larger than a standard side balcony.

http://www.webshots.com/search?new=1&source=homesearch&query=serenade+balcony

Archived