Documents

Okay, I'm starting to get really nervous...

For our upcoming trip, when we were booking we told the rccl agent that my sister and I were going to be in a room, and that we were both under 21. That was fine, even though our parents are at the other end of the ship.

So when we went on to complete the set sail pass, we noticed that they had put my mom's birthday for mine, and my dad's for my sisters... do they do that on purpose, or did they just fill that out as a default until we update it?

Well we filled out my sisters, but when we went to change mine it came up saying at least one passenger has to be 21... so we changed my birthday to 1985 (this is so annoying because it's only 6 months until my 21 b-day!).

When we get to the port, do they see the birthday? I'm just worried that they will look at their records where it'll say "1985" and my license where it'll say "1986" and I'll be denied entrance.

What do I do? When we went on Mariner last year we didn't do the online set sail pass, so I don't know what it said for my birthday.

Has this happened to anyone?

HMMMM sounds like someone trying to " BEND " the rules......

Don't really know what will happen.... sometimes they look the other way - other times not.

Have heard stories where they put Mom in with one and Dad in with other.

Just curious..... usually if you are in room next to or across from the parents they are ok..... why are you at the opposite end of the ship ?

I know you said you only have 6 months until "21" but you are still breaking the rule..... so be prepared to bunk with a parent.

Get your TA to change your documents to the correct birth-dates. Your passports and documents have to match. If it would make you feel better put one parents name in each cabin. When you get on the ship, the girls will just have their own cabins. We do this with our kids all the time (ages 14, 17, 18.) We've never had a problem.:)

I agree with cantwait...be sure your birthdate matches. It may save you alot of time checking in. You do not want to create a red flag, which may make boarding a nightmare. Have your TA change it. They will compare the dates!

Ugh, this is such a nightmare... thanks for the help though.

We booked through RCCL so I'm going to call them and see if they can manually change the date in their system to make it okay.

I'm not trying to break (or bend) the rules, though... I know why they're there for liability blah blah blah, I'm just glad that next year we won't have this problem. I'm very mature for my age and it's not like I'm going to get more mature over the next 6 months. Oh well, rules are rules.

Texancruzer, when we booked there were only 4 SO left, so we took them and none were close together. Because of this they said it was okay to have our parents at the other end. Personally I don't mind if they are next door or not, we're hardly in our room, only to sleep.

Cantwait, on our first cruise we had a big group with my family and we had to put adults in each room for the booking and it was pretty funny because it said my aunt was with my boyfriend and my cousin. Of course when we were on board we fixed it so that my boyfriend, my sister's boyfriend and my cousin were in a room, etc.

Archived