"Fred" bus and Lunenberg

• 2 weeks later...
In Halifax, what can you see using the "Fred" bus. Also, would like to go to Lunenberg. How would 2 couples get there ?

The "Fred" bus is a free bus service that goes through the downtown area. You would be able to see Citadel Hill and Public Gardens very easily using this service.

Easiest (and most affordable) way to get to Lunenburg would be to rent a car. It is a 75-90 minute drive from Halifax one way. I doubt most taxi's would offer to take you there. The drive is very easy and the highway is well marked.

A couple of quick question about the Fred bus. How close to the cruise ship terminal can you pick it up? How will I know where to wait to catch it and How is the bus itself distinguishable from the regular transit busses?

Go to this web site ... click on "Fred" under the menu column ... towards the bottom of the page is a link to a PDF of the map. I just downloaded it just fine. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed ... you will not be able to view it because it is in PDF format. However, most computers do have Acrobat Reader installed (it's a free download).

Archived