Bos/Bermuda Majesty

momtopom

We have done this cruise 7 times and will be going again on 05/28. It is back on board by 11:30. Friday morning we get up early head to the buffet for a quick breakfast and then it's off to Tobacco Bay for one last time. We try to be back on board by 11. We always walk both ways. The walk back to the ship is a lot easier than going to Tobacco Bay. Takes about 20 minutes. When are you going?

I agree with cruiserssandr. If you leave Tobacco Bay beach by 10:30-10:45, you will have plenty of time to make it back to the ship. (Just be sure that your watch is synchronized with that of the ship.)

BTW, we're going in August. We loved the cruise so much last year that we immediately booked it again when we returned home. :)

I agree with the previous posters -- get up early and head to Tobacco Bay -- or St. Catherine's beach -- it's a quick trip back to the ship!

We're leaving on June 11th and can't wait!!:D We'll be getting on as momtopom is getting off!!

Visit the crystal caves. They are an adventure, and easily reachable by bus.

Don't forget to stop at the Swizzle Inn. Visit the quaint shops in St. George, and try the glass-bottom boat ride.

There is a public building near the pier in St. George, where you can buy 3 day bus & ferry tickets. The employees there are very helpful, and will supply you with pamphlets, maps, and ideas.

Barb

Visit the crystal caves. They are an adventure, and easily reachable by bus.

Don't forget to stop at the Swizzle Inn. Visit the quaint shops in St. George, and try the glass-bottom boat ride.

There is a public building near the pier in St. George, where you can buy 3 day bus & ferry tickets. The employees there are very helpful, and will supply you with pamphlets, maps, and ideas.

Barb

Barb,

Thanks for the info. I loved Bermuda, but I was a college kid last time I was there and into partying more than anything else. Didn't see much of anything, but I'd like to now. The Swizzle Inn does sound familiar. Never made it to the crystal caves or St. George. I did go on the glass bottom boat, but I don't remember much. The bus/ferry sounds like it would be convenient. Do they still rent scooters too? Are the Bermuda Strollers still around?

Jackie

Beware of renting scooters.....I've seen too many people on board with road burn - ouch! The bus pass or even taxi's (if you want to spend the extra money are fine). There is a mini-bus that drives from St. George's square up to Tobacco Bay and St. Catherine's for $3 each way. The bus is quick.

Swizzle Inn is a must and Crystal Caves are really nice too. No need to tour both caves. Have heard the Perfumery is nice too. I've never made it there. Hamilton is nice for a few hours. Lots of shopping but it is expensive.

Head out to Elbow Beach or Horseshoe Beach. Both are beautiful beaches. We have always headed up to Tobacco Bay the morning we leave. Just be in line to get on the ship by 11:15. The ship doesn't leave until the last person in line is through the door.

Have a great time!

Depending on how many are in your group, you may find it cheaper to take a taxi anywhere you want to go. I had a group of 6. We went to Horseshoe Beach one day and purchased the 1 day bus pass for everyone. Found out later that it would have been a little cheaper and a lot easier for us to take a taxi.

Thanks for all of the tips. I am very excited to visit Bermuda again, my first island. I can't believe I've waited this long to return. If you think of any more, just send em my way.

Thanks,

Jackie

michelle49: be sure to come over to the roll call boards and sign up for our roll call!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=300085

It's hard to predict how the seas will treat us; we've been in October, July and May. October had the worst conditions (on the way down one time, and on the way back the other). It's a roll of the dice.

We're going on the June 11th trip to Bermuda. It sounds so wonderful. it's nice to hear that two of you really enjoyed the trip. You hear so much negative about the Majesty? How's the trip over and back???

Yes, Michelle, please join us in the roll call. We need people there so we will have enough for NCL to set up a CC meeting. I'm sure you will pick up other tips there too.

Jackie

Nancy don't be nervous it's a great cruise. This was our first cruise in May 2002. We are now hooked on cruising. Where are you from? We live right next to Worcester, MA (about 50 miles west of Boston). We also had been to Bermuda before we started to cruise there. Airfare became so expensive we thought we would give the cruise a try. We also can't wait. The Majesty is an older smaller ship but it's well taken care of and the crew is awesome. If you have any questions about this cruise just let me know.

We live south of Boston in Attleboro and we will be departing on Sun. 21st for Bermuda for the second time (08/99 was the first). In between we have taken the Majesty out of Charleston (02/05) to Caribbean. We love the Majesty and refer to her as "our Boston ship". As my wife and I grow older we plan to sail on the Majesty from either Boston or Charleston as often as we can. She is the perfect sized ship! Looking to next Sunday....

Archived