How To Decide Which Night To Go To Ss United States On Infinity???

many cruises

We are booked on the Infinity to Alaska/July 16, 2006 & would like to make reservations at the SS United States alternative restaurant. Does anyone have the menus from the Infinity to Alaska (7 night cruise) indicating which day each menu is from? We have seen copies of the menus, but we don't know which day is which. Can you help us? ;)

If you don't get the info here on the boards:

There will be a staff member taking reservations when you board. They are set up just outside the entrance to the SS United States and/or just outside the buffet. They should have the weeks menu's with them to help you decide.

the menu doesn't change.

They do you 2 menus each night.

One is for the Menu Extraordinaire--a limited choices menu featuring wines paired with each food (5 short wine servings in all) and an extra course (5) but smaller servings for $60/pp.

The other menu has the same items and some additional choices and is 4 courses (plus any extras the chef has planned for you) for $30/pp.

The best night to go is the first night you sail as the dinning room is nearly empty.

You can pre-book your reservation for other nights but not for the first night the ship sails.

Enjoy.

Agreed, unless you can get the entire table to join you in the SS United States--then any night is a great night to dine there as you get the benefit of meeting now folks and dinning in fine fashion

The United States is booking up extremely fast now it seems, I was on it for my 3rd time in january and it was much busier than previously. It cut down a bit on the big showy presentation when they are so busy but the food was scrumptious.

Book it first thing, it seems busier later in a cruise because word gets out about how great it is.

I like it on sea days, or if you want to switch your dining time one night makes a nice way to do it.

The menu doesn't change each day ... I do miss that they dropped the veal dish ( ... ah lots of goodies though.

Tina

http://www.recordlady.com/Pages/CRUISES/cruises.htm

Archived