Another Mattress Question

bobseesit

We are another couple looking to purchase a Holland America Mattress since falling in love with it on the Westerdam.

I have a question especially to those who have made the purchase:

It appeared to me that the mattress and box spring were all one inseperable unit on the ship, yet the Holland America website gives separate heights for each. Which is it?

This is important to us because our bedroom is upstairs in a cape style house and we are hoping for a king size which may be a problem negotiating the stairs if all one piece.

Thanks for your help.

We are another couple looking to purchase a Holland America Mattress since falling in love with it on the Westerdam.

I have a question especially to those who have made the purchase:

It appeared to me that the mattress and box spring were all one inseperable unit on the ship, yet the Holland America website gives separate heights for each. Which is it?

This is important to us because our bedroom is upstairs in a cape style house and we are hoping for a king size which may be a problem negotiating the stairs if all one piece.

Thanks for your help.

I do believe that with a KING you will get 3 pecies it will the the Mattress and 2 box springs

And you might just want to look at a local matress store because the matresses that HAL bought are Seily's with a pillow top.

That is what DW and I did after our first HAL trip on the Zaandam. At that time they did not offer the mattress on their web site

I hope this info helps

• 1 month later...

To shift the topic slightly....pillows. We ordered the mattress we enjoyed so much on the Noordam (april 15) and two of their pillows. The mattress is yet to arrive but the pillows were very disappointing. They were significantly worse than the ones on the cruise and, as far as I can see, not the same brand or type. I've emailed HAL twice about sending them back but so far no reply.

To answer your question.... on the ship HAL does NOT have their mattress on a Box Spring, they are on a wood plat form so they only use the mattress. Yes, Seely does make the mattress for HAL but to their specifications so while you may purchase a Seeley mattress it may not be exactly the same as HAL's. Also the HAL mattress is not exactly a "Pillow Top" It is a Euro Top that appears to not be a Pillow Top at all.

We have had ours for one year now and while I admit that a few months ago I stated that I thought I was a bit disappointed with it after a few months because I felt it was leaving body impressions a little too much. Well, I do realize that I still sleep very well in it and hate to get out of bed:D and maybe I was over reacting. For the price it really is a great mattress and makes it nice when you do go on the ship because it feels like home:)

Archived