What's Your Favorite Bar in Key West

theotherchad

I know I read about this, however, I cannot find the thread again.

Which bar is it that they make fun of the people walking in or even walking by. This sounds like it could be our type of place if we can get in and sit down without being too humiliated!

Thanks

I know I read about this, however, I cannot find the thread again.

Which bar is it that they make fun of the people walking in or even walking by. This sounds like it could be our type of place if we can get in and sit down without being too humiliated!

Irish Kevin's! They also do it somewhat in Bear Bottom Beach Club, but in a slightly friendlier way (at least the night we were there). But it was funnier at Irish Kevin's. :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our favorite is Schooners Wharf. The majority of the bar is outside and has great live entertainment. Don't remember the name of the usual guy who is there in the afternoon but definitely a must see. He is opinionated and proud of it. You'll see a good mix of locals and tourist there.

For indoor fun, the Green Parrot is a blast.

The 'tourist' bars are definitely Sloppy Joe's, Hog's Breath, etc. If you want to hang with the tourists that's where you go. If you want the locals, stay away!

There are too many great bars in Key West for me to narrow it down too much! ;) We like just about all of them, but here are some we enjoy:

Rum Barrel -- Our favorite new bar, great bartenders, fun house band on the rooftop terrace, good drinks & bar food, great happy hours and different specials every day of the week

Schooner Wharf Bar -- Laid back, outdoors, old style Key West type bar, very good breakfast sandwiches, mimosas, lots of locals

Irish Kevin's -- Lots of fun when there is a good performer, good beer/margarita specials sometimes during the day (high prices at night, but there is no cover charge, so we look at it like it kind of evens out)

Green Parrot -- Great locals bar, funky atmosphere, off Duval

Willie T's -- good drink specials and really good food

We pretty much pop in & out of almost all the bars when we are staying in Key West for several days. We avoid places like we have in Orlando (Margaritaville, Hard Rock, etc), because we want to go to places we can't go to here. We don't spend much time in Hog's Breath or Sloppy Joe's (though we do stop in for at least a drink everytime we go).

Finnegan's Wake is at the top of our list for our next visit. Never been there and we always try at least a couple new places every time we go to Key West.

Thanks, Mike! Will you be in Key West on Sept. 12th? That's when we dock there (at 4 p.m.)? We'd like to buy you a drink!

Sounds great to me; but alas I will not return from Hotlanta until October

:(

You are just barely going to miss http://www.womenfest.com which is Sept 5-10 this year. It is one huge party for women.

You are obligated ;) to return to this board and give us a brief synopsis of your visit.

Since I know you will return, can I get a rain check on that drink?

Have a great cruise!

Mike:D

Hi Mike!

Bummer that you won't be in KW when we dock! Yes, a rain check on that drink, and if you ever make it to San Antonio, the margaritas are on me! Home email is dhpenworthy@juno.com. I've heard stories about that Woman's Festival! My cousin went a few years back, had too much to drink and wiped out on a moped, and ended up with Daffy Duck tatooed on her butt! LOL!

I would love to return to SA and see the riverwalk and certainly enjoy a few Margaritas. It has been waay too long (ala Lackluster AFB for basic training) LOL

Your cousin was extremely lucky that all she got out of a moped accident was a tattoo on her butt.:D :D :D

Remember the trip report,

Mike:)

Archived