Military Rate ever drop?

vesw01

I know they sell out, but has anyone ever had them drop? I am really happy with the rate we have and don't want to waste my time thinking it might get cheaper.

Yes it can drop but also have your TA bounce the rate against the Past PAX rate. On our last cruise, the PP dropped below the MIL rate. It was worth $60 back but every little bit helps.

Dave

We booked our first cruise several weeks ago at the military rate, and the rate dropped a week later. I was on the phone with my PVP that day, and had the new, lower rate posted by the end of the day. My final payment is due on 8 May, but I'll continue to watch the rates thanks to this board in the hopes of getting a shipboard credit if it falls lower later.

Wow I just went to the suggested website, I didn't know that there was a great go-to place to find military rates - thank you so much for this suggestion. I am going to continue to check-in for our current booked cruise - but am also going to use it to look for future bookings!!

This boards are so fantastic..........

Hi,

We booked with a Military rate for an Alaskan Cruise in May of 2007. Our Carnival TA (or whatever she is) said to call her at least once a month to check if the price has dropped. So far it hasn't dropped 9only one month).

Gale

We just saved an extra $200 on our Aug cruise when the price dropped (for normal rates and military). I wouldn't have gotten this refund if wasn't for this board and a quick call to Carnival because my TA had no idea that you could get a refund for the difference or any kind of credit (for price drops)if you've already made final payment, which we had done already. All I have to say is THANK YOU CRUISE CRITICS I now have extra moolah in my cruise account!!!

ljchris1990

That site rocks. I just check and I'm waiting for my PVP to call back. Could end up getting a 229.70 credit.

They said NO. :mad: But what they did offer was an upgrade to a balcony. :eek: To me that's better anyway. I had booked a 4a guar. I was currently upgraded to a 4e. With the credit I would be back to 4a guar. Now I'm at at 8a with a 9 dollar credit. The down side is I went from mid ship Verandah to rear Upper. But that Upper is a balcony. :) :)

We were quoted a great military rate on an 8H balcony room 2 weeks ago and paid our deposit. They told us that we would see the discount after we sent in all of my husbands forms.

Today we received our new invoice and the price is $40 each lower that the original military rate our PVP quoted! A very nice surprise since we felt we were getting a great buy to begin with...

They said NO. :mad: But what they did offer was an upgrade to a balcony. :eek: To me that's better anyway. I had booked a 4a guar. I was currently upgraded to a 4e. With the credit I would be back to 4a guar. Now I'm at at 8a with a 9 dollar credit. The down side is I went from mid ship Verandah to rear Upper. But that Upper is a balcony. :) :)

Call them back. They do give shipboard credit. Ask to speak to a supervisor about this issue. I upgraded when the rate dropped, and then the rate dropped again, and there were some difficulties, since they didn't give me shipboard credit in the first place. I am not sure of the physical difficultly, but for some reason that is an obstacle.

So, if you really care for the money vs. balcony, if you fight for it, you will get it.

Call them back. They do give shipboard credit. Ask to speak to a supervisor about this issue. I upgraded when the rate dropped, and then the rate dropped again, and there were some difficulties, since they didn't give me shipboard credit in the first place. I am not sure of the physical difficultly, but for some reason that is an obstacle.

So, if you really care for the money vs. balcony, if you fight for it, you will get it.

Thanks, but we're going to stick with the balcony. After talking about it, it will be nice to have a place to go when the kids want to go to bed. Don't get me wrong, I was never unhappy about the upgrade. I was just being dramtic with the ":mad: ". We're looking forward to this cruise even more now.

Thanks again.

Thanks, but we're going to stick with the balcony. After talking about it, it will be nice to have a place to go when the kids want to go to bed. Don't get me wrong, I was never unhappy about the upgrade. I was just being dramtic with the ":mad: ". We're looking forward to this cruise even more now.

Thanks again.

Oh. Gotcha. I always prefer money, instead of the balcony, since I can never go back after the upgrade. For instance, after expereinceing my first OV, I could not go back. But, I always pick a ship where I can get a 1A with at least the portholes, since those are equivalent for me.

:confused:

where do you watch????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I think they remove the site from this thread. But it's one of the banners on this page. Just select them and look for "Military Rates" on the left side of the page.

Archived