Most unsafe shipboard moment...

bepsf

1. Walking upside down on the ceilings all the way to the engine room pre-planning an escape route in case The Poseidon Adventure really happened.

2. Used the wrong fork during dinner in the dining room.

3. Called the Captain Merle Stubing!

4. Yelled out "Iceberg heading our way!" in the middle of the Caribbean!

5. Asked the employees in the shop for only one inch worth when buying chains by the inches.

6. Fell in love with a steerage class passenger. That almost always dooms a ship!

7. Showed up with a noisy school group on a HAL cruise. (Okay, ducking those tomatoes at this point!)

8. Went topless on the top deck of the ship.

9. Say nice things about Carnival while onboard an HAL ship.

10. Refuse to wear the life jacket at the muster call because it clashed with my outfit.

Okay. These are all for fun people! I can see someone know reading this and getting mad.

Saving 10 center seats for a show in the lounges and only have 1 other person show up?

Carol

Okay with me. The beauty of being behind the pole that blocks the view is that the performer can't see you and drag you on the stage to embarrass you. And now, its the "Carol Show".:D

How about...

just after boarding, as the boat starts to leave making sure the brakes on your father's wheelchair don't work and he goes wheeling into the gaurd rail!!! luckily he ran into someone else and they both stayed on board!!!

We just got a new wheelchair and the brakes work on this one. So Our Cruise on Saturday aboard the OOsterdam should be ok!

Well, one time when I was lighting the bar-b-que on my aft veranda,

Oh now I am really laughing. I'm doing my very first balcony this year and on the QM2 too! I was joking with a friend and the idea of barbequing on the balcony threw us into a hysterical fit of laughter. Anyone got a Hibachi available for sale?:D

OK Bramcruiser...I'll be watching for those tell tale wisps of smoke in Dec!!! And I won't tell, but only if we get invited for the BBQ!! Medium rare please..

And what are you doing posting...you're supposed to be on vacation!!! Cheers, Penny

Hi Penny: Oops! Got followed into the HAL board. Of course you're invited. Let's see, enough steak, hamburgers, fish, chicken, etc. for 2,600 passengers. You think they would mind if I raid the ship's stores? You're husband likes to fish. Maybe we should get him working with that rod!

David

• 1 month later...
I was almost in a dangerous situation once. I was in the Lido buffett wearing my speedo and HAL bathrobe. There were a bunch of people standing around in front of one of the stations so I went by them to get my selection, I went to each area and piled my selection good and high. I sat down, next to some obnoxious guy weezing who had some kind of green tank hooked up to his nose with plastic tubes (I think he was huffing nitrous oxide). I ordered a coke and then topped it off with the 151 run I had smuggled along in a mouthwash bottle. I lit my cigar and began to enjoy my breakfast. I was thinking that my fruit salad would be excellent if served a la flambe' so I got out the ole 151 pourded it over the fruit and lit it with my cigar...HOT DAMN! That's whay I call FLAMBE!

BTW the crabby old guy next to me only spent 3 weeks in the hospital and his insurance covered the helicoptor ride so...NO HARM NO FOUL!

You two sound like a great time! Come onboard the Zaandam Sept. 15!

Wildthing and DH

Attempting to be first in line at the 11:00am (yep it's in the morning for some reason) HAL welcome back reception. You will be trampled down when the doors open. Those Mariners want that free drink, NOW.

Been there, seen it. Quite an ugly crowd.

While on the Costa,

Wear my HAL robe and Hal totebag while on Costa ship.:eek:

Everytime I get back onboard the ship hand them my old HAL ship card.:)

When you get to the Island go to the service desk and upsetly say, " this is not what's on the itenerary for this cruise and hand them the HAL booklet.:rolleyes:

What a HOOT ... how did I ever miss this thread when it was first posted???

LOL

John ... no one expects the Spanish Inquisition! :D

We missed this one too!:) How come you folks always come up with amuzing threads while we're on vacation & then become so serious when we're home? :confused:

May we also join your group...I'm dying to see those guy's in their speedo's!:o

Another thing will we be permitted to take over the Crow's Nest & Aft Pool (only kidding Sail) or do we have to be Nice?;)

what's the most unsafe thing (or combination of things) can you do on a cruise ship?

;)

Brian - For you, it would have to be walking anywhere's near a staircase. ;)

(Then I realized this was a humorous thread!)

[quote name='cruzermon']. . .

3. When greeted by the FA on the plane as Mr. Cruzermon, say "Oh, please, call me Osama".

[/quote]

Oh my GOD! I couldn't stop laughing for about 3 minutes! This was soooo funny!!

Archived