Anyone use Windjammer Watersports

jnl134

We are heading to Bermuda in a little over 2 weeks. We were thinking of renting jetskis. Has anyone used this company? How is their tour? Has anyone brought their kids? My boys will be 8 & 11. Do you think there is an age restriction for them to ride with my dh and myself?

I also am looking into renting jetskis from them for August. I have emailed them three times and gotten no reponse. I will probably have to call them but I'm afraid they will not let me book in advance. I'm sweating this out because that is the ONLY thing my teens want to do in Bermuda and if they sell out they'll be crushed!

I do know however, that they do have two person jetskis and you have to be at least 16 to drive them. Your kids can be passengers. Also, they have tours led by a guide as Bermuda law does not permit tourists to just roam freely without a guide. I think each tour has one guide for each 4 or 5 jetskis, they like to keep the groups small so all riders can hear the guide.

Have fun!!

Also, they have tours led by a guide as Bermuda law does not permit tourists to just roam freely without a guide.
That’s interesting, I didn’t know that. If you want more freedom, rent a boat from Windjammer, you can go off on your own and do whatever you want.

We have not rented jetskis but we have rented a Whaler from them. Last year it was from the Dockyard. This year BOAT rentals will be from Cambridge Beach. You can go all over the place in a Whaler, unguided. We have reserved a boat for the 22nd and 23rd. It will come with a bimini and a cooler with ice. They give you a map and full instructions. They will point out places to go (and not go). If the weather is good we will be snorkeling from the boat. They will tell us where.

Last year we were very happy with them. This is not an advertisement or recommendation for them, only my opinion.

1Windjammer WatersportsBldg. 41, Dockyard, Freeport Rd.Ireland Island MA 01 441-234-0250

Cambridge Beaches Hotel 441-234-3082 Fax 441-234-3241 . . . E-Mail:windjammerbda@northrock.bm

This is the info I have for them.

This year the boat rentals are from Cambridge Beaches

Kayaks and canoes from the Dockyard

Last year we rented a Whaler and paid about $100 for 3 hours.

My family has rented the jet skies and it is the one thing we always do when we go to Bermuda. 2 years ago was our last trip and my son who at the time was only 14 and told them he was 16 went with his friend with a tour guide and others who rented and had a blast. Then my husband and I rented with the two girls each taking one and we also had fun. We rented them just out side the ship to the right is (was) a tavern called the White Horse tavern I think and they rented them right out front. It is expensive but for us worth the money. I think it was like 175 for a the 2 person. I think it like an hour tour. The guide takes you to the open waters and you go very fast then other parts you mush do slow, they also take you to a beach for a few minutes it is like a desserted little island. We will be renting them again when we go in 6 weeks on 6/25..Have fun and if you have any other question pls ask.

My family has rented the jet skies and it is the one thing we always do when we go to Bermuda. 2 years ago was our last trip and my son who at the time was only 14 and told them he was 16 went with his friend with a tour guide and others who rented and had a blast. Then my husband and I rented with the two girls each taking one and we also had fun. We rented them just out side the ship to the right is (was) a tavern called the White Horse tavern I think and they rented them right out front. It is expensive but for us worth the money. I think it was like 175 for a the 2 person. I think it like an hour tour. The guide takes you to the open waters and you go very fast then other parts you mush do slow, they also take you to a beach for a few minutes it is like a desserted little island. We will be renting them again when we go in 6 weeks on 6/25..Have fun and if you have any other question pls ask.

How old are your girls? Did they sit in front or behind you? Thanks.

The girls were 10 at the time. One loved it the faster the better she was with her dad. The other my niece was with me. She was a little afraid but did fine. The have to sit behind you. The both can not wait to do it again in 6 weeks....

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Explorer in Bermuda. We checked into the jet skis $110 single, and $140 double. We were going to do a double the second day, but the wind had really picked up and the seas looked a little too rough for jetskis, although we say others going and seemed to enjoy it.

Archived