NYC to Cape Liberty

whit53

I would like to go on a cruise to Bermuda, looking at 5/07. If I fly into Newark and then go to NYC for a pre-cruise stay, what would the cab fare be from Newark to NYC and then back from NYC to the ship?

Thanks in advance!!!

Not sure what the cab fair would be but they do have a couple trains that are easy and economical into the city...then you could take a cab once in the city. The PATH is one of the train and I can't remember the other commuter rail. My husband is from Jersey City so we use the train quite a bit. I am sure the cab ride is going to be quite a bit.

I don't think there is a specific fare to go from NYC to Cape Liberty. You would want to make sure they take the Holland Tunnel (correct me if i am wrong you NYC people!!) Someone suggested offering the meter plus 15 bucks (tolls) plus a tip.

The NJ Transit train or PATH to Newark-Penn Station may be an option but you would have to haul your bags.

I would suggest staying at a Newark airport hotel and then take the train into the city for the day.. That way you don't have to haul your bags all over NYC or Penn Station/New York.

Just my opinion......fwiw

I would like to go on a cruise to Bermuda, looking at 5/07. If I fly into Newark and then go to NYC for a pre-cruise stay, what would the cab fare be from Newark to NYC and then back from NYC to the ship?

Thanks in advance!!!

Cab Fare from Newark to NYC is a flat rate, depending on where you are going to. The Cabs that pick up at the airport are from NJ and they split the three terminals up amoung the jurisdictions that serve the airport. I know to the NY Passenger ship terminal(the one on the west side of manhattan) it is $45.00 plus toll and tips. So if you hotel is on the west side of Manhattan it should be about that. On the East side its about $5.00 more. Getting back you can either get the hotel to order a limo for you, call a car service and they will give you a fixed fee. A cab back(yellow NY Taxi), is not required to take you and can negotiate its own fare. I have suggested the meter plus $15.00 but that might be too high.

Plus tolls and tip. It is shorter to the Port Liberty through the holland tunnel.

Another option you may consider is staying in Jersey City. There is a Hyatt Regency located on the Hudson across the river from lower Manhattan. There is a PATH train station next to the hotel for access to Manhattan. I would think that cab fare between EWR / Jersey City / Cape Liberty would be less than to/from NYC.

We looked around and decided the Hyatt in Jersey City was the best deal. $30-35 taxi from EWR to the hotel, and just a few bucks on the PATH to NYC. The reviews on the hotel are all great, and it looks to be fairly close to the cruise terminal.

Johnathon

We had the same delema,we solved by booking a limo.We are staying in NYC post cruise so we needed a ride x 3 From airport to cruise terminal,cruise terminal to our hotel on Rockerfeller Center and then back to Newark so we cut a deal.A lot less hassle and hassle is exactly what I want to avoid when I am on vacation.Total convience.

Alpha1993,

which limo company did you get? We are in the same situation, except backwards, NYC first, then the cruise. We fly into La Guardia, stay in Times Sqaure, then go to the cruise and fly home out of Newark. I haven't found a limo company yet.

Thanks!

We take limo service all the time to and from airports in the NJ/NYC area and to the ports. We have always used AirBrook or Air Brook limosine service. They are prompt, dependable and were reasonably/competively priced to the others.

We live approximately 40 miles from Cape Liberty and it costs approximately $160 round trip for us. It may sound like alot but Cape Liberty now charge $15 a day for parking, so we figure the cost is worth it and we know our car is safe and sound in the garage when we are on vacation.

Archived