Vancouver Info if needed

Thoughts on Rosedale on Robson? Living social deal offers A One-Night ($159) or Two-Night ($298) Stay for Two in a Deluxe Suite

Daily Breakfast For Two

Parking and Internet... Good all summer.

Good, safe location, convenient to restaurants.....the only complaint I have ever heard was that an elevator was slow. It is a time share hotel, so you may get a slight difference in finishes from suite to suite.

I get panicky when I see too many terrible reviews on TA

Read only the reviews of established posters. I am at the point where I don't bother reading reviews with much less than 20 reviews. I have found those to be accurate when I finally do book a place and stay there. Remember, disgruntled employees and the business up the street could very well be writing those negative reviews. I totally avoid reading any review written by someone who joined TA the day they wrote the review and never posted anything else. We refer to them as the "one-post wonders."

Edited by vbmom87

We are doing a B2B so to much to carry my self ..

I think this will be tight. Unlike flying anywhere else, flying to the United States involves clearing US Immigration/Customs at the airport prior to boarding. I've seen 90 minute lines, I've seen 1 minute lineups, you never really seem to know.

How much and how long is the cab fare from the ship to the airport and will they take US$??? THANKS

About 35 minutes and about $35. Yes' date=' they will take $US as well as US Visa and MC and many US debit cards.[/size']

Someone mentioned that a lot of places in Vancouver accept US currency... would this be true for the attractions such as the aquarium and suspension bridge?

Thanks!

Yes, no problem at all, they really are very much tourist orientated. In fact the only place that I know of that won't accept US$ is public transit.

To save money I was looking at staying near the airport and then commuting into town since it looks like we would only be there for one night. Specifically I was looking at the holiday inn express as it seems to be highly recommended. How easy is it to get to public transport from this hotel?

To save money I was looking at staying near the airport and then commuting into town since it looks like we would only be there for one night. Specifically I was looking at the holiday inn express as it seems to be highly recommended. How easy is it to get to public transport from this hotel?

There are two HIE in Richmond near the airport. Both are a pretty fair hike with luggage to a Canada Line station. However both have a free shuttle to and from YVR so I would be inclined to take it from YVR to the hotel then take it back to YVR in the morning and then take the Canada Line from YVR station.

I'd slip the van driver $5 and say "Can you drop me at Bridgeport Station instead". It's on the way to the airport for the driver, and it'll be $5/ea cheaper than boarding Skytrain at the airport (which has an airport surcharge). Twice as many trains as well, as only every other train goes to the airport, but they all go to Bridgeport.

Hi, I searched but have not seen this question yet...we are arriving into Vancouver off the Disney Magic and have a 4:30pm flight, we have never been to Vancouver and would love a little ride around the town, then drop off at the airport in time for the flight. Do you know of anyone who would do this?

Thanks a bunch! Laenie

Hi, I searched but have not seen this question yet...we are arriving into Vancouver off the Disney Magic and have a 4:30pm flight, we have never been to Vancouver and would love a little ride around the town, then drop off at the airport in time for the flight. Do you know of anyone who would do this?

Thanks a bunch! Laenie

Yes, a poster recently advised us that Land/Sea Tours offer this type of an excursion. They are known to be excellent operators.

http://www.vancouvertours.com/

PD - I can also confirm that they will drop off at the airport - the rational behind that is that there is a hotel at the Airport so they treat it as a drop off at the hotel when in fact they go the short extra distance to the terminal.

Cheers

Dennis

PD - I can also confirm that they will drop off at the airport - the rational behind that is that there is a hotel at the Airport so they treat it as a drop off at the hotel when in fact they go the short extra distance to the terminal.

Cheers

Dennis

That may explain it, I know that when I asked about a tour with a drop off at YVR a few years ago they didn't have one. However, this has obviously changed.

We are arriving in Vancouver on a Tuesday afternoon and heading to the cruise terminal around noon on a Wednesday in August. Staying at Fairmont Waterfront. Need suggestion on what to see and where to eat in this short time frame. Have never been here. Also, best way to get to hotel from airport. I really appreciate your suggestions!

We are arriving in Vancouver on a Tuesday afternoon and heading to the cruise terminal around noon on a Wednesday in August. Staying at Fairmont Waterfront. Need suggestion on what to see and where to eat in this short time frame. Have never been here. Also, best way to get to hotel from airport. I really appreciate your suggestions!

The most convenient way to get from YVR to your hotel is by cab which will cost you $35. If you want to do it the cheap way and schlep your luggage 3 blocks from station to hotel then it's the Canada Line from YVR station to Waterfront station for $9 pp.

From your hotel you may enjoy a walk into historic Gastown and a ride up the Vancouver lookout. A walk along the seawall into Stanley Park is also nice anytime but you may enjoy it the next morning. Another idea is Land/Seas tour in the morning that is geared toward cruisers. http://www.vancouvertours.com/

As for restaurants...Vancouver abounds with restaurants...is there something special you are looking for?

Thanks for your tips. We LOVE seafood, so that is probably what we would be after.

Within a few blocks walk of the Fairmont Waterfront you can find many seafood offerings - basically, *any* Vancouver restaurant has seafood options!

If it's the more casual fish & chips end of the spectrum you're after, search for that on here as there have been several Q&As about that recently.

If you want something more formal the most useful info you can give is how much you want to spend and clarify your seafood preferences (fish, shellfish, crustaceans; raw, or cooked). There are places like Blue Water in Yaletown that do everything superbly, though expensively, but most other restaurants tend to be better with certain types...

Cheers

Dennis

I checked with them and they will drop off at the airport, but....we need to be there by 2pm and they will not guarantee this, so I am still looking for a tour with drop off.

Thanks, Laenie