Can I watch sports on TV?

I'm going on the Pride this month and I'm a sports junkie. I'm wondering if there will be sports available for watching in the room TV or at a bar. I'm specifically interested in the NHL playoffs. Do they update the previous night's scores in the Caper? Is ESPN available in the rooms? Any idea what US channels are avaliable? Any information would be great!

We were on Fantasy last Nov and they do not post scores in Capers. It's strictly for ships activities. I don't remember if ESPN was available as we spent almost no time in our rooms except to sleep, shower, and change clothes. The 3 major networks are represented as well as a few other channels and which ones depends on the satellite signal the ship is receiving for tv. While on our cruise we basically "forgot" the rest of the world existed.

We were on the Inspiration last Oct. and they had Monday night football on a huge big screen in one of the bars. And a couple of nights they showed the world series games on a movie screen sized tv in one of the lounges. While it was going on they had appetizers on a small buffet near the bar.

We were on Liberty during Daytona 500 and Olympics. Not sure if we couldn't gotten Daytona in our cabin as DH watched in Gloves (very cool sports bar). Olympics (most curling :eek: ) was always on in the cabin, but I'm not sure which channel it was on.

There was also some college basketball -- again, in Gloves, not sure about in the cabin.

Unfortunately, they never showed any of this on the big screen on the pool deck. That would have been great.

NHL playoffs aren't as popular as the above sports and it's even hard to get on channels at home -- although we share your enthusiasm and LOVE our hockey package on local cable. One year, when our NHL team was actually trying to get in the playoffs, my sister -who had bought some Internet time on board - just got scores for us.

Personally, I'm pretty much against having the tv on during vacation, but I can understand wanting to see big events (esp if your team is in the playoffs!).

I'm going on the Pride this month and I'm a sports junkie. I'm wondering if there will be sports available for watching in the room TV or at a bar. I'm specifically interested in the NHL playoffs. Do they update the previous night's scores in the Caper? Is ESPN available in the rooms? Any idea what US channels are avaliable? Any information would be great!

We just got off of the Pride yesterday. We were only able to see two of the NBA playoff games. Many of the sports fans on board were upset, and from what I heard, they created quite a ruckous in the sports bar. So I wouldn't count on seeing all of your playoff games. Sorry :) . No, they do not update the scores in the Capers. US channels we saw were TNT, ESPN (in spanish, not the same as us version). At times, we were able to get ABC and CBS.

Thanks for the info! Yes, my team is in the NHL playoffs (Colorado Avalanche) so I wanted to be sure I could see them play. I understand that sports is limited but it seems like there may be a chance it will be on if its the biggest sporting event on at the time. Usually it would not matter to me but its playoff time and its kinda hard not knwoing whats happening to your team. I know at worst case senario I would just use the internet to check scores.

Archived