Teen Passport Question

sclitlady

I saw on the NCL site that when you purchase a teen passport you are invited to a pizza party and a frat party. Does anyone know if your teens can attend these parties if you don't purchase the teen passport? My son will not drink smoothies so I am probably better off getting him the soda card. However, I didn't want him to miss out on parties if the other teens are going. :o

Thanks,

Debbie

we purchased the teen passport for our DD and used it on two trips, and still have one or two coupons left. She didn't attend the parties, but I did notice in the daily that for the party, there was some note for "teen Passport holders" only. I don't know if they check or not.

Hello ! With the teen passports the teen can also get sodas and other icee type drinks. When we were on the the Dawn 3.26.06 sailing I believe all the kids were invited . It could be because there were few teens signed up that sailing. I will double check with my kids when they get home from school. But if you child drinks soda these are great and save you money.

I have posted a link to my photos where you can see some of the fun the kids had.

http://community.webshots.com/user/Michu142

I am purchacing 2 for 16 and 11 y/olds. Will my 11 y/old able to go everywhere 16 y/old welcome? Thanks

Yeah, and I fugure out even for 20 spring waters it is worth it not mentioning smoothies...$34.50/20 is $1.50 per drink plus 2 parties with bring-a-friend option. Deal!

They keep the children seperated by age groups . 13-17 is for the teen club than a 10-12 group.They have different activities for each group. Mine were 13 and 15 and they were together but there were some activities one would go to but not the other. A matter of what they were interested in or what their new friend they made on the cruise was doing. They will have a great time. The crew is really great . My kids loved it and can not wait to cruise again and my 15 year old did not want to go but he really made a turn around and now all he talks about is the cruise and the teen club and when are we going again. I am sure you children will enjoy their time as well.

Not only that, but those coupons can be used for adults too. I just came off the Dawn 1 day cruise to nowhere and used 2 coupons at the topsiders bar at sail-a-way for myself, just slipped the bar waiter $2 & the coupons! You can order these from NCL before your cruise. They are well worth it.

My 13 and 15 year old teens went at some point everyday while on the Sun in Feb of this year. They loved the teens activities. There was a digital scavenger hunt, a teen murder mystery dinner, lots of sports games, pool parties and pizza parties. The trick is to make sure they go on the first day or two, this way they will make friends.

The teen passport (20 smoothies or slushies for 34.50) was a big hit. It is also one of the best deals I've seen on a cruise.

We have booked our next cruise on NCL because of the teen program. I hope it turns out as well.

M.

This is good info. We're going to have 3 teens with us on this next cruise and have never cruised with the kids before. I'm soaking up all the info I can about the teen clubs and so on. Thanks for all the replies, even though I was no the OP!

Hikini:D

The passport does sound like a good deal for teens. We're travelling on the SUN in March '07 with my 14 year old, and he does love smoothies and virgin drinks. Do you order the passport ahead of time, when on the ship, or either way?

I think you can pre-order them as long as you have passengers in the proper age group. We purchased ours at the bar shortly after boarding. Thanks to other posters at CC, I knew to ask for them! Personally, I wouldn't bother preordering it. They're easy enough to get on the ship that I can't see much benefit. For us, our kids were slightly too old for the teen program, so we just wanted them for the coupons. The bartender was perfectly happy to sell us 2 booklets, and since DH and I don't drink alcohol, we used some of them too.

Hi My two teens picked which events they wanted to attend on each day. Some events they had to RSVP to like the Murder Mystery dinner. My DD told me that on the nights of the passport parties they did not use their coupons that the counselors had coupons they used to buy them all drinks. It was very laid back and the kids just met up wherever an activity was planned.

I kept a schedule with me and in our stateroom I had a dry erase board so they could write where they were and we could let them know where my DH and I were at. Much easier than running around the ship.

Go to the link below I have photos of the kids at teen club and the schedule for the Teen Club from our cruise. They are mostly from the scavenger hunt they had to hunt down certain clothing items and wear them. Needless to say they were going through my closet. But they really had a great time. My DS older sisters can not believe that their little brother actually got dressed in womens clothes and let them put makeup ion him . He is very quiet both at home and at school so it was a shock to all of us. For some of the games they gave the children prizes. My children won free coupons for drinks, a free temporary tatoo, a backpack and a watergun which to my sons disapointment he could not use on board the ship.

Any more questions just ask.:D

http://community.webshots.com/user/Michu142

Archived