Marriott Biscayne Bay, Miami

adamken

Just stayed there for a night for out 4/2/06 cruise. We thought it was nice, although there seems to be a lot of construction going on in the neighborhood around it. There is a shuttle, however it is not free (I don't think any of the hotels in the area provide free shuttles.) We didn't take it, we opted for a cab instead (several lined up at the hotel so no need to call) and was at the port literally within minutes.

We booked an AAA rate at the hotel however we asked and received a port view room when checking in. The clerk gave us a room on one of the highest floors which gave a perfect view of the port. The hotel is sort of L shaped, our room was right in the corner of the L.

The rooms seems recently refurbished and have balconies. In fact the whole hotel seemed nicely maintained. The only exception is the elevator to the parking garage - it sounded like it was going to crash to the bottom whenever we rode it! :eek:

During peak times it can take a while for an elevator to come, (checkout time, etc.) however as we were on a high floor it didn't take too long for it to show up when we were leaving.

If you are renting a car, there's a Hertz counter in the hotel. They offer after-hours drop off, you just give the car to the Valet and let them know you're returning it. They'll stamp the time you dropped it off and give it to the Hertz employee in the morning.

Anyways if you have any other questions let mw know. In the meantime take a look at:

Panama Canal Cruise 2006

In the Miami folder there are a couple of pictures of our room's view of the port. They are entitled something like Cruise Ship Row Saturday and Sunday or something like that. :)

I have stayed there quite a few times. Great hotel with some rooms that overlook the port of Miami. Not all rooms have balconies. I prefer the rooms that do not have the balcony but overlooks the port. The room does have sliding doors with a rail.

They are currently building the new opera house and concert hall across the street but it will not interfere with your stay at the hotel. I have some photos of the view of the port in my link below. Click on the Navigator.

I have stayed there quite a few times. Great hotel with some rooms that overlook the port of Miami. Not all rooms have balconies. I prefer the rooms that do not have the balcony but overlooks the port. The room does have sliding doors with a rail.

They are currently building the new opera house and concert hall across the street but it will not interfere with your stay at the hotel. I have some photos of the view of the port in my link below. Click on the Navigator.

Cool photos!

Sharkie, it has been several years but the Marriott is a nice hotel but it definitely has that downtown/convention feel.

Archived