Time of year for Paul Gaugin

kibutzer

My husband and I are thinking of Taihti for 2005 and wondered how much time of year matters? We have only about 9 days we can take so we really want to maximize our week cruise. Also we are open to other really interesting one week cruises other than Tahiti. We are really not into cold weather cruises. We really enjoy RSSC, Windstar and Celebrity.

Thank you for your ideas.

You will improve your odds of dry weather if you go when it's summer in the US. We live in Minnesota so there is a major incentive to visit tropical destimations when it's winter here. That means rainy season in the southern hemisphere. We were in Tahiti for two weeks in late November and early December 2000. We had some rain, but it didn't really interfere with our activities. We were in Fiji for two weeks in March this year and had afternoon showers nearly every day and along with high humidity.

If not Tahiti, then the Greek Islands...fabbbbbbulous!

I sailed Tahiti a number of years ago on the Windsong during September....weather was perfect. As a result I am sailing this September on the Paul Gauguin..can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Weather is changing in Taiti like every where else due to global warming. Their winter presented 80 degree days with a slight breeze which was fabulous for us (NYers) but the locals were in sweatshirts and hats, I kid you not) great to ward off mosquitoes -- only drawback is the short days, sunset anywhere from 5:45 to 6PM.

Well worth it!

Weecruiser!

For my money, late September thru mid-October is the best. On our Mariner Pacific cruise last Sep/Oct the weather and seas were perfect, and I mean PERFECT, for the entire 26 days from SFO to LA thru Marquesas, Fr. Polynesia, Hawaii and back to SFO. We were on the PG the first week of June last year and the weather was terrible.

I was just on the PG for the first week of June and the weather was perfect - 1 short shower one evening. Going again 2nd week of September, so will see...

WE have been of three RSSC , Diamond, Navigator and the very, very best cruise was the PG. All cruises were absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We cruised on the Paul Gauguin in August 2000 and the weather was spectacular...........it couldn't have been better ....with calm seas and warm waters for wonderful snorkeling etc. I can't wait to go back and do the Marquesas itinerary. WE rate RSSC cruises on the top of our list of many cruise experiences! Best food, accommodations, staff, excursions and sincere caring for all pax etc. etc. I'm perking here to plan another Radisson adventure.............unfortunately we can only escape in the late Spring and Summer months.

You will never be sorry for booking a RSSC cruise, as you will get the very best value for your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

There is nothing better than seeing the world through the ears of a horse or on a Cruise Ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were on the PG at the end of March '03 and it rained every day except for the day we left. We still had a great time but it was a damper on some of the activities. The cruise director had to make new indoor activities such as movies in the grand salon or seashell necklace making. The mornings were nice and warm and sunny, but it rained in late morning-early afternoon and cleared up again in the evening. One good thing about it being cloudy was that no one left looking like a lobster!

Archived