Butler Service

Does anyone know why the list of things included in the butler service on Century is different from the list on all the other ships? On Century (according to website) it includes flowers, pillow menu, duvets and pillow-top mattresses, which I don't see listed on the others. On the other hand, it says nothing about complimentary espresso and cappucino, full breakfast or in-suite lunch and dinner service or afternoon tea. Is this a mistake or are the suite perks really different?

Also is there a difference between "Early embarkation and debarkation" (Concierge class amenity) and "Priority check-in and departing" (suite amenity). Ditto for "Express luggage delivery" (CC) and "Priority luggage delivery at boarding" (Suite)?

Sonrisa7 will try to answer several of your questions, all of them pertaining to Royal Suites on Celebrity. We have always had fresh flower arrangements in our suite. No duvets. No pillow menu that we read, but my DW is very fussy about pillows, and upon request, numerous different pillows were presented to her to select. [she has always been pleased.] Not sure about pillowtop mattresses [which we have at home], but our mattresses have always been very comfortable, none with lumps or concave surfaces.

Our longest time at check in would be approximately 1-2 minutes after the exchange of greetings and "welcome backs". When we checked in on Mercury in January at about 1:00 p.m., all of our luggage was delivered to our suite around 3:00 p.m. Not sure that is priority, but it was pretty fast.

Can't tell you about CC category, because we have never stayed in those cabins, however on C class ships those cabins are located on the same deck as the Royal and Penthouse suites.

Sonrisa7:

I have email Celebrity asking that same quesiton - I know the upgraded bedding is due to the referbishment done in dry dock, but what happened to all the perks done by the butler.

ie: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and afternoon tea in suite?

Latte or Capucino delived to suite?

even shoe shinning? What happened to all those perks listed for other ships look at Mercury Sky Suite - they are all listed there except for upgraded bedding.

When I hear back I will post here.

Francine

I am sorry to read of some of the disappointing experiences that some of the members have reported. We have always traveled in either the RS or CS cabin. Most have been very friendly and efficient. Two in particular were exceptional.

I recently sailed Infinity to Alaska and had Manuel as our Butler. He was by far the best Butler I have had the pleasure to meet. He would drop off extra snacks for my Aunt and Sister who were traveling with us. One afternoon they were on their way back to their cabin and he gave them a plate of sweets and sandwiches to take with them.

We enjoy entertaining and had a party one evening for about 20. He took care of all the planning, setup, serving and clean up. He even brought us two huge trays of complimentary appetizers.

I think part of the Butler experience comes from knowing what is expected of the butler and not being shy to ask him for something out of the ordinary.

Our last cruise on the Zenith we had a suite and on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the best, I would rate the service as a 2-3. He brought us all the shrimp cocktail we wanted, as well as fruit and cheese platters as opposed to the mystery canapes. He had a mental block or something about remembering the cappacino from the Cova Cafe. He only remembered that once or twice.

He took care of getting some of our clothing pressed. We never saw him in the hallway, so we took to writing out messages for him and leaving it on the bed. I know thats kind of tacky, but since we rarely saw him, we had no alternative.

Having said that, we have booked a suite on the Xpedition, strictly for the additional space, as well as a balcony we will probably spend minimal time on. I have not looked and do not recall seeing it on any threads, but I assume there is no butler service on the Xpedition?

Thanks.

Hal

Thanks Francine. I look forward to hearing their response, although from my limited experience they tend to be fairly clueless about these things. I wish we would hear something from the folks on Century now.

It might just be an error on the website (free admission to T-pool is still listed even though there is no longer a T-pool!). I'm mainly concerned about the in-suite lunch and dinner service, and especially the free espresso. It seems that would more than compensate for the butler's tip.

Celebrity's Butler Service on Mercury

spacer.gif

Celebrity's suites include European butler service, a Celebrity exclusive.

This service includes:

• Assistance with unpacking/packing
  • Daily news delivery
  • Full breakfast
  • In-suite lunch & dinner service
  • In-suite afternoon tea service
  • Evening hors d'oeuvres daily
  • Complimentary espresso & cappuccino
  • Shoeshine service
  • Delivery of requested board games

Sky Suite Indulgences

spacer.gif