First day of Weight Watchers

nkdelgado

Hello everyone,

Today was my first day back on the Weight Watchers diet plan. I was able to stay on point. I have 299 days til my anniversary cruise and I want to lose exactly 100 lbs. I was on the program before and lost 30 lbs. fairly easily. However, I stalled through the holidays. I had some trouble getting back into gear, but I desperately want to wear a knock-out dress. Anyone want to join me?

Kelly

Hey there!!!!

Congrats on joining weight watchers and your first day. From anything I read it is a great program.

I am also losing for my cruise in 170 days but and following a hearth healthy plan since I have high cholesteral and tryglycerides...so I have to limit my carbs and bad fats and sugar is basically the plan

Since Jan 1 I have lost 26 pounds with about 34 more to go. 14 of which I want to lose by the end of June which is my DD's grad.

Keep up the good work and check in often

Kim

Well...going for it again. This time I am trying the Core Plan. I was very succesful the first time I went on WW but the last few times I haven't been committed enough. The other problem was that I kept getting sick and ended up having surgery in March. Well, that is all behind me now and I just have to focus on losing 35-40 pounds before my cruise in August. Even if I only lose 20 I will be happy! Just don't want to feel self conscious in my bathing suit :o

I am really looking forward to this first cruise and the family is psyched as well - Hopefully this will give me the incentive I need.

Congratulations on the commitment! I joined WW back in the fall because my weight loss had stalled to a screeching halt on the South Beach Diet. I'm happy to say that I've lost 15 lbs and am 4 lbs away from goal. I'm sure you can reach your 100 lb goal with your commitment. Good luck and I'm sure you'll luck smashing in that dress! ;)

Thanks for the support, these boards have the nicest people!!

Have you guys tried the Weight Watchers ice cream sandwiches. They are soooo good and only 2 points.

Anyone else know of a great low-fat food or snack?

I love the WW Giant Fudge bars at one point each. Also, I made up a snack that is sweet and has protein. It might sound gross, but it is really good and I eat it every afternoon.

Large tub of fat-free Cottage Cheese (I buy Breakstone)

2 Cups Lite Cool Whip

1 small pkg of Fat-free, Sugar-free Jell-o Pudding (I like Chocolate)

Mix together. It makes 7 - 1/2 cup servings

2 points each

It taste like chocolate cheesecake!

OK, I'm outing myself. I've been lurking here for a week or so reading everything, getting to know everyone and trying to get inspired. So I read this post and looked up WW online to see there was a meeting near me starting in 30 minutes. Obviously it was meant to be!

Joined. Have about 70 pounds to lose. Our next cruise is in 199 days, a transatlantic from Lisbon to Rio. We did the 25th anniversary cruise last May, our first. I hated it for the first few days, but the lifestyle sneaks up on you, and now I can hardly wait to go again. We really enjoyed the two sea days we had, hence the transatlatic.

Have to get going on the exercise thing. Hate it, but a guess its necessary at this age. I always say I'm allergic to exercise, and that I'm not supposed to raise my pulse above 72, ever! I did have a personal trainer at the Y last year and it was amazing-the hardest thing I've ever done, but strangely satisfying for a couch potato. But I wasn't dieting and I 've had a lot of headaches since Jan so have had to take a break. Slowing trying to get more active, walking and working up to taking the plastic off the Winsor Pilates DVDs I got for Xmas!

Have to go read about points now.

Mo

Along with the DVDs I got a scale for Christmas that measure bodyfat. Something I had asked for. I informed my husband that it had to go back, as it didn't work. So everyone else in the family tried it and yup, it works! Unless of course, you have too high a percentage of fat for it to register. So my first goal is to get the fat scale to work for me.....

First of all I would like to thank everyone for posting. I have been wary of starting a thread, because I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested.

I was able to stay with my points everyday this week, except for mothers day. My DH helped my 8 and 4 year old girls bake me a cake and we went out for dinner. I still lost my 2 lbs for my weekly goal. Look out cruisers here I come !!!:)

First of all I would like to thank everyone for posting. I have been wary of starting a thread, because I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested.

I was able to stay with my points everyday this week, except for mothers day. My DH helped my 8 and 4 year old girls bake me a cake and we went out for dinner. I still lost my 2 lbs for my weekly goal. Look out cruisers here I come !!!:)

GREAT job!!!! :D

I had my first weigh in yesterday. Stayed the same. I can't say I followed the program exactly but I did make better choices that I would have otherwise.

Also I was up 4 pounds yesterday over the previous day, obviously water retention. Some of it is gone already, so I figure I probably lost at least a pound.

Haven't started a regular exercise routine yet but I have been working in the garden and doing a bit of walking.

Mo

I just started WW last Tuesday. I am proud to say I've stayed within my point range almost every day and have only used 3 flex points so far. I'm saving the rest of my flex points for the weekend which is really tough on me. I too tried South Beach but hit a plateau that just wouldn't break. After many weeks of trying to stay on track, I gave up and then put all of the weight back on.:(

I realize now that having to weigh in and be accountable to someone for my weight is something I really need in order to lose weight. If I don't have to account to someone for my weight loss or gain it's hard for me to stay on track. There's nothing more motivating for me than to think about having to get onto those scales in front of someone when I've not lost anything or I've gained weight. Every time I pay at the weekly meetings I ask myself why I would want to pay good money to gain weight. I'm paying good money to lose, not gain. That makes me try harder.;)

Good morning, just thought I would post my progression. I only lost 1.5 lbs this week :-(. However, I made not so great choices over the weekend. Total weight loss 3.5 lbs in two weeks. When I hit 7lbs I am going to treat myself to a massage :-).

Keep up the good work everyone, we are going to do this !!

Kelly

Hi all. WW is a great program. I joined doing only on-line about a year ago and have lost 75 pounds. I still have 45 to go to get to my goal. We've book a southern Carribean for March 2007 to celebrate our 30th anniversary, so I really want to get to goal before then.

I struggle to get exercise in. I hate to exercise. We have a treadmill that I use once in a while, but most of the time I'm so tired by the time I get home from work, I just want to relax. How do you all get your exercise in?

Keep up the good work, everyone.

Cindy

Cindy:

I know this is hard to do, but can you workout before work? I find that it is the only time i have and then that way, nothing can get in my way of working out. I know that if i waited until after work, i would exercise a lot less often.

nancy

Week two report. Lost 1.4 lbs. Not quite sure how. I would say I followed it 50%. Oh well, today starts a new week.....It will be a difficult one as I am hosting our dinner club and it's always an evening of excess- I love it! Good thing it only happens 4 times a year. LOL.

This week I have to drink more water, exercise, walk more and eat less. Easy Peasy.;)

Mo

Hi All, been lurking since you started this and figured I would jump in. I have been on WW since March. Was 183 down to 167 now, I'm happy about the way I have been going except for the last couple of weeks. Been hungrier than normal and can't seem to get into the exercise mode. I stopped journaling which I will start again tomorrow. I need to hold myself accountable, I know I tend to get lazy. We have a cruise April 2007 and would like to lose 30 more pounds.

Nancyrg~I think I need to exercise first thing in the morning that's a good idea. If I don't I know I will put it off.

Okay, I start Now.

Dianne :)

Hi all I have been considering joining weight watchers and from watching your posts, you've talked me into it. I looked online and they have meetings in my area on Weds.

I need to lose 30lbs by April 2007 for my wedding cruise have to look good in the dress :D

Hi everyone,

I started ww on mon. 22nd. I am glad you started the thread Kelly. My weigh-in is also mondays. I will have my first on tues. though (memorial day). I have also stayed within my points and have not used any of my flex points. It is just hard getting used to weighing, measuring and trying to figure point values of everything. Will check back soon on everyones progress. I need to find some recipes online. Stephanie

Hi Ya'll! I have joined WW in the past and lost 20 lbs, I absolutely loved it. Unfortunately the meeting I was attending was cancelled and I can't find one in my area that i can make it to.

Well 1 cruise later, and 20 lbs heavier - I'm ready to give it another shot this way. If someone could tell me what the points are for 175 lbs - I still have a points calculator and a couple shopping guides. You guys can be my support and I will report here! :D

My cruise is in November - so I am ready to get started.

Thanks All!!

~Val

Val~Welcome, I am also new to the group although I have been on WW for about 3 months. Looking for my book and can't find it but I beleive your at 24 points allowed. I started at 183 and it was 24 now i'm at 168 and it's 22 points not sure I remember where the cut off was but I'm sure some one will let us know. Sheila (wierdeyes)does WW online and has had amazing sucess. She's leaving for vacation today but when she get's back I'm sure she will be happy to tell you about.

I have not been following the plan well for a couple of weeks and it shows so I'm back at it now. I know you will be sucessful, just jump in.

Stephanie and Narina, Just saw your posts glad your here. The support you get from these boards are awesome, so when your feeling out of control jump online. Always some one too help.:)

Dianne

Val~Welcome, . I started at 183 and it was 24 now i'm at 168

Dianne

Way to go Dianne! Good for you!

What great motivation that is for me and I also read down to Cindy's post....:D Way to go Cindy!

Hello again everyone.

I am doing pretty well with my points. Yesterday was not so great, but all in all pretty good. Can someone tell me do you have to use your 35 flex points? I do not think I need them all. I am also trying to be a little disciplined the first few weeks. Anyhow, I hope you all have a grat holiday weekend!!!

Nope, you don't have to use them but you can't roll them over. Once the week is done there gone. I like to use them if I'm going out to dinner.

I need to exersise more but I'm LAZY!:(

Dianne

Just found this thread today.

I lost 50 pounds last year on WW. I still had 30 pounds to go until I reached my goal. (Now the excuses...) My friend that I was going to meetings with, she wasn't losing so she quit going to the weekly meetings. That was what kept me going... Knowing that I had to meet her there every week. So, I stopped the meetings. Thought I could do it on my own. Then I stopped tracking... Then winter came and I just got plain lazy! I ended up putting back on 20 pounds!

Long story short... I joined WW on-line and love it! I've been on another thread here for almost 2 year, ( HI DIANNE & SHEILA!) and THAT is my support group!

I'm not going to have time to post much here, but I WILL report in on my weigh-in day- which is Thursday. I'll check in when I can.

WW is such a great plan! Just remember, you have to track what you eat to make it work!!! Mostly if you are on Flex plan.

I have about 43 pounds to lose to get to the "high end" of my goal range. I'm trying to be realistic here! Another 15 after that would be my ultimate goal. We'll see how it goes...

Good luck to everyone and I'll be checking in when I can!

Glad to have found you all!

Jean

Hey Jean good to see you here, you know I need all the support I can get. I'm making myself as accountable as I can be to try and stay on track.

I stopped tracking a couple of weeks ago what a mistake, I'm back at it.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day everyone!:)

Dianne

Archived