First day of Weight Watchers

nkdelgado

just went to mcdonalds for lunch - but at least all i got was a happy meal. If only i had a personal chef to prepare all my meals....

kathy

Kathy - I've become a big fan of McDonalds, which was not easy for me after hating it so much for its unhealthy food and for being the posterboy of chain restaurants, which I generally disfavor.

But, they have good salads and their nutrition info is readily available, which makes it easy to eat there and stay OP. I love the Southwest Salad w/ Grilled Chicken, and the yogurt parfait is good, too. And, the ice cream cone is just 3 pts

just go easy on the fries (and the chicken and fish patties), watch the "special sauces," and McD's can be very program friendly.

Hi everyone just incase some of you have not found this website yet it is really great!! I have purchased some of her cookbooks and they are great!!

http://www.aimeesadventures.com/

Just wanted to share, I also go to Dottie website but on a WW board a while back I was told that not all of Dotties information was correct although I have been using it and have not had a problem yet.

I found so much resturant information and printed it all out and made a huge binder to have at hand. if anyone needs any tips, help or anything let me know, it helps me when I help someone stay on program!! I got my mom on WW and now she is hooked but not having great weight loss so we are trying to figure out what she is doing wrong!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Hi, pmatch -

So many people think that if they learn the points system and follow that, then they are doing WW. Not so!! It really is a lifestyle - and there is so much more to it than following points or core. The good health guidelines, the tools for success, exercising, the support, the meetings - - I have found all of these to be important to me.

Anyway, good luck with this - if you work the program, the program will work for you.

I have to agree with you! I don't know who I was trying to fool with going at it alone! This is a wonderful thread. Everyone's support is great.

Maureen

Hey fellow WW'ers! On days when I am able, I am going to introduce a daily topic about WW to enable us to share tips and ideas to help us better follow the program. Today's topic: Water!!!

One of the 8 good health guidelines is to drink at least six 8-oz glasses of water each day. So, who's doing it? What tricks doyou have to help you get it in?

I find that drinking from a sports bottle or bottled water is much easier to get it down. I refill the bottles with tap water, which tastes just fine where I live. I even find that the desalinated water on cruise ships is pretty good. I almost always meet or exceed my minimum water - without counting other drinks.

Hey fellow WW'ers! On days when I am able, I am going to introduce a daily topic about WW to enable us to share tips and ideas to help us better follow the program. Today's topic: Water!!!

One of the 8 good health guidelines is to drink at least six 8-oz glasses of water each day. So, who's doing it? What tricks doyou have to help you get it in?

I find that drinking from a sports bottle or bottled water is much easier to get it down. I refill the bottles with tap water, which tastes just fine where I live. I even find that the desalinated water on cruise ships is pretty good. I almost always meet or exceed my minimum water - without counting other drinks.

That is a great Idea.

I add crystal light or similar to my water, I generally use double the water to what the pack says as I find it way too sweet but this helps me get my water in.

This is a great topic I had a very hard time before I really started making myself, focusing and trying different things, One thing that worked for me well for a short time was buying the small the bottles and it didn't have time to get hot and I was getting it all in, then I bored with that and did Crystal light alot and I got that down but my understanding from our meeting is that we must drink at least 3 pure water like not counting crystal light and other stuff, has anyone learn different than this, Now I am getting my water with the PURE LIFE Nestle ( I think it is) Tropical Splash it is great!!!!!! Has a pineapple taste with other fruits!! Let me know if just drinking crstal light is suppose to be ok, I love the crystal light. Although since I have been drinking all my water plus some, my weight loss goes better and I FEEL much better!! Sorry I wrote a book!!

LOL :D thanks for the great board!!

Hi everyone....

I rejoined weight watchers July 9th, i'm down 10.2 lbs, and that was in one week! I was floored...Water, you have to drink it, I find if I drink 1/2 of it before lunch, the rest is easy, I even crave it now. Pmatch, I agree with you about needing the meetings, I have to be accountable, otherwise, I slowly fall off the wagon. 5 years ago, I lost 90 lbs, I have put 25 back on in the past year...Time to get it off!

Cindy

"If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you always get"

"Nothing tastes as good as Skinny feels"

Cranemama and all!

Thanks for everyones input! The more water you drink everyday, the easier it gets! We all have to remember...this is not a diet...it's a lifestyle!

Maureen

my understanding from our meeting is that we must drink at least 3 pure water like not counting crystal light and other stuff, has anyone learn different than this,

That is how I understand it, too. I usually try to get a full 6 from water without counting anything else - - remember, 6 glasses is the MINIMUM, not the target.

Another of the good health guidelines is have some healthy oil (olive oil, canola, sunflower, safflower or flaxseed) each day. Two teaspoons is recommended.

So, do you do it? How do you work it in?

I am successful in getting this in probably 5-7 days a week. I use extra virgin olive oil on salads, substitute olive oil or canola oil for margarine or butter as a spread on english muffins. We also cook with the healthy oils. I also like to drizzle oil on vegetables, baked potatoes, and on the microwave 94% FF popcorn.

Some folks consider this "wasting" points - I think that is a mistake. I look at points the same way that I look at a household budget. As much as I'd like to spend all my money on movies, concert tickets, and cruises, I know that I need to also spend for taxes, savings charitable contributions, etc. either because it is good for me and my family in the long run or simply because it is the right thing to do. So it is with our food choices, and getting the good oils in is part of the deal. I also have a handful of nuts (4 pts) most days - not as much bang for the point as a lot of other things, but very, very good for you (omega-3's, vitamin E).

Have a great, OP day!

Hi, all -

I'm going to start posting my daily WW topics in a new thread entitled "RB's WW Chat" - others might like to jump in who aren't in WW as well.

Maureen - your post inspired today's post; it is about keeping weigh-ins in perspective. I hope that you'll check it out.

RB

Hi, all -

I'm going to start posting my daily WW topics in a new thread entitled "RB's WW Chat" - others might like to jump in who aren't in WW as well.

Maureen - your post inspired today's post; it is about keeping weigh-ins in perspective. I hope that you'll check it out.

RB

be there or be square!

Maureen

am and my weight stayed the same - which is good - i was expecting a gain. I have been doing this for a month or so but really haven't followed it at all - but this week i WILL!!! I sail in 115 days and really want to lose 20 lbs by then!!

Kathy

• 2 months later...

It is still active as far as I am concerned! Awesome work! It is movin slowly for me and I could really use a success story like yours rit about now...

My kids abitually eat and drink over te keyboard- can you see wic letters are stuck now???????? Time to buy a new keyboard, tird one in as many monts!

I think most of us who are WWers tend to use the RBs daily WW topic board. We have good chats there and have been swapping recipes etc.

I noticed this one popped up again because I want to know whether to try to 'maintain' while cruising by using Points or Core.

Do join us there, it is active each day.

Cinnamon

Hi everyone I too am doing weight watchers. I've been on it for a month now and have lost 6.3 kgs (which has included that many hours of walking it's not funny) but it seems to be working. We sail on Sun Princess in 98 days and by then I hope to loose 10 more kgs:confused: We have weight watchers jelly in Australia which is 0 points and great for an after dinner snack if you need a sugar fix. Keep up the good work you are all inspiring me Nicole:rolleyes:

Archived