First day of Weight Watchers

nkdelgado

Hi Julia,

We are on the Radiance of the Seas. We leave form San Diego, have 5 days at sea, 4 days in the Islands and five sea days back. I am so looking foreward to this. I love sea days. My Mom and my in-laws are coming with us along with 10 other friends. We are going to have a blast. Five of them have never cruised before and they are so excited. We are going to San Diego a few days early to try to get accustomed to the time change before we get on the ship. It is a four hour difference for us. Then there is another three hour difference between San Diego and Hawaii.

As far as exercise is concerned, it is so important. I walk everyday, or I should say I try to walk every day. On days I can't I do the walking DVD from WW. It is great. The ten min. power walk is awesome. It is over before you know it. I try to do it three of four times in a row. There is also a ten min reg walk, a 20 min and a 30 min. I find doing the 10 min power one a few times much easier to do, but everyone had their preference. I also have their exercise DVD and I love it to. They do a 10 min abs which is awesome.

Kim

Thanks for the info on the WW walking DVD, I will try get those.

We also sail to HI this year but from Seattle and looking forward to all those sea days, 18 of our 30 day cruise is sea days which we enjoy but not sure how my kids are going to cope with it:D

Wow that is a long one! How on earth do you pack for such an excursion?

This is our longest cruise so far but we did go to Australia for 6 weeks in 2005 with the kids so hopefully will pack as light as we did then although we didn't need formals etc so this will be a new one for us:D :D

We will just live without what we don't have:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Count the points and start fresh. It's hard going to someones house for dinner. Try to get some activity in today, drink plenty of water and stick to the program.

I have a couple of obstacles coming at me today. Fishing this morning with DH and DSs and a minor league baseball game followed by fireworks show tonight. Lots of temptations at that game I'm sure they have ice cream which will be the biggest one. Im going to try to get a nice long walk in so I can use the points toward something special. Hate feeling deprived so I need to avoid that one.

Have a great weekend!

Julia ...great work!!!!! 3 is faulous!!! I weighed in tonight and I am down 2 for 64.2 lbs. One more weigh in till our cruise. i am hoping to hit the 65 mark. My goal was to be down 60, so the rest is gravey.

Kim

Julia ...great work!!!!! 3 is faulous!!! I weighed in tonight and I am down 2 for 64.2 lbs. One more weigh in till our cruise. i am hoping to hit the 65 mark. My goal was to be down 60, so the rest is gravey.

Kim

That's great - great job on getting there in time for the cruise:D

I am trying to be good and stick to plan but today is going to be tough as I have lunch plans at a not WW friendly place and then Mexican for dinner with friends:eek: :eek:

Hi,

I have been reading your post and am thinking about joining WW. Need to lose 20 pounds in 3 months. I am 50 years old and was wondering if it could be done. Have not exercised in years. It would probably kill me. Any input?

Thanks

Hi,

I have been reading your post and am thinking about joining WW. Need to lose 20 pounds in 3 months. I am 50 years old and was wondering if it could be done. Have not exercised in years. It would probably kill me. Any input?

Thanks

Weight watchers is a great program it introduces it is more a lifestyle than a "diet". A healthy rate of actual weight loss is 1-2 lbs per week. That is a realistic goal. With 115 days until your cruise (I'm assuming that is what you want to lose the weight for?) I would say 16 lbs would be the most realistic goal. There are alot of other questions that need to be answered first though. What is a healthy weight for you? Are the meds that you take that can inhibit weight loss? My suggestion is for you to go to a meeting what do you have to lose but the weight? If you know someone that is in ww then ask them to bring you as their guest. WW is having a new promotion. I'm not sure exactly but is some kind of scrapbook kit that the member and guest both recieve.

As far as excersize goes. I'm very limited as to what I can do because of a bad disc in my neck. Walking is pretty much it for me. I do swim when I get the opportunity but I have to stay low impact. Losing is possible with little or no activity but it will not happen as quickly. Everyone is different.

I hope I helped :)

Tnak you for the info, I think I just might go to a meeting. If I join I hope to be talking and having success with the rest of you. I also have a few bad problems, bad back, neck disk, and heart, but it never keeps me emotionally down just keeps me from exercising. Getting old sucks at times.

Thanks

Weight watchers is a great program it introduces it is more a lifestyle than a "diet". A healthy rate of actual weight loss is 1-2 lbs per week. That is a realistic goal. With 115 days until your cruise (I'm assuming that is what you want to lose the weight for?) I would say 16 lbs would be the most realistic goal. There are alot of other questions that need to be answered first though. What is a healthy weight for you? Are the meds that you take that can inhibit weight loss? My suggestion is for you to go to a meeting what do you have to lose but the weight? If you know someone that is in ww then ask them to bring you as their guest. WW is having a new promotion. I'm not sure exactly but is some kind of scrapbook kit that the member and guest both recieve.

As far as excersize goes. I'm very limited as to what I can do because of a bad disc in my neck. Walking is pretty much it for me. I do swim when I get the opportunity but I have to stay low impact. Losing is possible with little or no activity but it will not happen as quickly. Everyone is different.

I hope I helped :)

Well said, I agree depending on your individual requiements:D

I think it is possible though if you stay OP:D

:p Never posted after my weigh in yesterday. I was up .6 but that was expected do to medication/hormone issues. I'm sure it will be off by next week and then some.

Hope you all are doing well today!

I just went online and signed up for a meeting for tommorrow nite. Gotta take a step sometime. I hope I have the will to succeed. I am constantly sitting behind a desk or driving errands. I only eat once every 2 days because am so busy. I hope they can teach me how to eat on the run. I think that is why my middle section of my body has gotton so big all the way around like I swallowed a tire. I have gained 18.5 pounds since October of 2006. Thats alot.

See ya.

I just went online and signed up for a meeting for tommorrow nite. Gotta take a step sometime. I hope I have the will to succeed. I am constantly sitting behind a desk or driving errands. I only eat once every 2 days because am so busy. I hope they can teach me how to eat on the run. I think that is why my middle section of my body has gotton so big all the way around like I swallowed a tire. I have gained 18.5 pounds since October of 2006. Thats alot.

See ya.

I know what you mean about sitting all day:D

You will do great OP, it really is easy and teaches us to be more health conscience which is a great thing for me:D :D

See ya.

Did you really mean to say that you only eat once every 2 days? You mean you do not eat even one morsel for 2 days? You really need to put yourself first. I'm so glad you are going to start meetings. I eat every 2 hours :)

Yes, I only eat about every 2 days, am never hungry, have always been like this. I am a very small frame and only 5"2. I have never weighed over 102 except when I was pregnant. I have never been or ever looked anorexic. Since turning 50 I have fallen apart body and health. For me this is extremely overweight. My doctor has suggested that I do something immediately as my waist size is the same as my hips and breast. I feel and look miserable. I do hope I can succeed like the rest of you. I have never known anyone on weight watchers and I have never had to diet. It will be very hard for me to have to eat. My doctor says I do not have a metabolism and that i have always been in starvation mode and now my body is just getting back at me???????????????

I will try and with the help from all of you I hope I succeed.

Thanks for caring.

See ya.

Good for you!!! You sound a lot like me ( except I had much more to lose)

I am 50 and so joined WW in August after being inspired by this thread. I am happy to tell you I have lost 64.2 since then. I too had poor eating habits. On the run all the time and never took the time to eat. As for excerise it was non-existant. The walking DVD from WW is great . It has a 10, 20 and 30 minute " walk" and a 10 min "power walk" They are very low impact and can be done in the comfort of your home. 10 minutes here and there is easy to fit in.

We are here for you and that is a big plus. Everyone here is so great.

I think you overcame the biggest hurdle by joining. Good luck and keep in touch.

Kim

:p Never posted after my weigh in yesterday. I was up .6 but that was expected do to medication/hormone issues. I'm sure it will be off by next week and then some.

Hope you all are doing well today!

.6 is not even significant. That could be the difference in a pair of socks:eek:

Like you said, it will show up next week. Keep up the great work.

Kim

Signed up for ww tonite. 2 hour meeting. It sure seems like you have to eat an awful lot of food to reach those points if you eat healthy. I dont like healthy foods, if I eat I only want junk.

Any tips would be appreciated.

WW is a change in lifestyle that you really have to commit to for it to work. Keep an open and positive mind and it will make you look and feel healthier. It isn't about just getting 10 lbs off to fit into one special occasion outfit. If you want to lose weight just to lose weight then Adkins or another passing fad diet may be the better for you.

Archived