First day of Weight Watchers

nkdelgado

Hello All,

I am a big WW fan. I went to Hawaii for vacation in fall of last year I returned from vacation the largest I had ever been in my life I was so upset when I looked at the pictures. I wanted to cry and not send them to anyone. I was determined to loose 20 pounds the right way so it will stay off. So the week I returned I joined WW. I am not going to make my goal, because I leave on Sunday, but I have lost 17 pounds. I would have lost the weight, but with the holidays in was really hard sticking to plan. I did it and I feel good, because I lost 17 pounds in 12 weeks over the holidays. So I know if I can do it anybody can. I still have about 30 pounds to go before I am at my ultimate goal. But, it is a great feeling when your clothes are starting to get too big. Good luck to everyone one on the journey and just know that you are not alone and it can be done.:)

Denise

I am so ready to get back at it. I am a lifetimer with WW and also worked for them for about 3 years but I put on about 5 pounds over the holidays and am having touble getting back at it. I am starting from the beginning and counting my W points. I just want to lose about 15 pounds and I know I can do it. My cruise isn't until 9/16/2007 but I want to lose before summer an my big thing is, I need to tone and really get in shape. Having a support group is great. We can all give each other encouragemen and ideas as to what to eat. Good luck to everyone.

Well, I'm back. Back from surgery in Sept, back from a transatlantic cruise in Nov, back from Christmas.

Went to WW yesterday. Weighed exactly the same as I did the last time I went before my surgery in Sept. That was a pleasant surprise. I had been down a further 8 pounds before the cruise and Christmas, but we won't go there! And let's not forget that winter clothing weighs more than summer!

I am down 9 pounds since last May. I am on the very first page of this thread. So not great, but could be much worse.

Onward and downward.....

Mo

Congratulations to everyone for getting back on track! I'm having a hard time after Xmas. Even though I didn't gain, I just can't seem to get away from snack mode. I think I might just split my 3 meals into 6 plus a couple of snacks, that way I'm eating every couple of hours.

A friend told me my crazy appetite might be due to the fact that menopause has it's grip on me. Between the hot flashes, night sweats(then cold), bad memory and feeling very, very cranky....I could also eat anything that's not moving faster than me!!:eek: I'm not yet 49!!!

Everyone have a great week:)

Judy

A friend told me my crazy appetite might be due to the fact that menopause has it's grip on me. Between the hot flashes, night sweats(then cold), bad memory and feeling very, very cranky....I could also eat anything that's not moving faster than me!!:eek: I'm not yet 49!!!

Judy

I totally can relate to the crazy appetite as I had a TAH at age 39. Menopause has been thrown on me as well as an extra 30 lbs that came with it. That was 10 months ago and I am ready to shed those extra lbs and the many I had put on over the last 12 years.

I Just turned 40 in December and starting a new chapter in my life and hopefully a much lighter chapter..LOL

Jalakim, I am also from Nova Scotia! I live in London Ontario these days.

Sortof back on track, but a lot of stuff going on this week, so probably not really on program until Tuesday. Going up North (Gravenhurst) to a friend's cottage for the weekend and will do some downhill skiing for the first time this year. So that's the exercise taken care of!

See you all next week.

Mo

Congratulations to everyone for getting back on track! I'm having a hard time after Xmas. Even though I didn't gain, I just can't seem to get away from snack mode. I think I might just split my 3 meals into 6 plus a couple of snacks, that way I'm eating every couple of hours.

Judy

I am 49, and have felt the same way for the last 6 months, but I have been back on WW for the past two weeks, started excercising again, drinking lots of water. The appetite was driving me crazy, and I was exhausted, depressed and crabby. I recently gave up my 6-8 diet pepsi habit also. The hot flashes and night sweats are gone. I sleep without waking up all night, and I have lots more enegy. The cravings are almost gone, and my appetite seems to have normalized. We actually went to Pizza Hut for lunch after church today, and I had a zero point salad and one slice of vegetable pizza (3 points). I was shocked that I was satisfied with that- usually I would have 3-4 pieces of pizza and all the creamy stuff from the salad bar.I'm not sure which change is responsible for the improvement in my eating habits and attitude, but I'll take it! Have you tried Estroven extra strength for the hot flashes? I found that it helped alot ( I use the generic brand) but I always had some episodes and they were increasing and occuring during the day until I made the changes.

I don't expect that I'll be able to lose as much weight as I would like as fast as I could 20 years ago, but as long as I can get into my smaller clothes and feel good, I'll keep trying!

Lost 1.2 this week.

Misty, thanks for the advice. I'll have to look for that (Estroven), when I go out this week. I don't lose fast and never will, as I am not a big veggie person. Bad, I know, but I don't care as long as my weight keeps going down!

Everyone have a great week!

Judy

Lost 1.2 this week.

Misty, thanks for the advice. I'll have to look for that (Estroven), when I go out this week. I don't lose fast and never will, as I am not a big veggie person. Bad, I know, but I don't care as long as my weight keeps going down!

Everyone have a great week!

Judy

Congrats on the loss !!!! I have learned to "hide the veggies" in something else, like eggs, pasta (whole wheat of course).. It seems to help if you find one you love like a box of spinach is almost 3 servings, and really isn't much to eat if you drain out all the water from it :D

DH and I joined WW on Saturday. We joined together several years ago and did great - I am hoping for the same success this time around.

If I lose 2 lbs per week, I can be at goal by cruise time. Definitely going to try to stay focused this time. So far this week has been pretty easy, hoping it stays that way.

Wish us luck on our journey. We are going to need all the help we can get!

Heather

Hi guys!!! I started WW 2 weeks ago today and have already lost 9 pounds. We sail on 2/11. I have got to lose some more because we will be in Jamaica on V-day ... Ahhh maybe a diamond will appear... Wishful thinking. Anyway I just wanted to pop in and tell you guys that it can be done. This is the best diet I have found. If I can lose another 16 pounds by the cruise I will be one happy girl even though I need to lose another 30 to be at my ideal weight. :D You can only do so much at a time. You guys hang in there and make sure you use all your points every day, otherwise you may start to add the lbs right back.

Congrats on the loss !!!! I have learned to "hide the veggies" in something else, like eggs, pasta (whole wheat of course).. It seems to help if you find one you love like a box of spinach is almost 3 servings, and really isn't much to eat if you drain out all the water from it :D

I really do need to hide or flavour veggies more often. I hide a lot in my spaghetti sauce. I just wish I could get the same enjoyment out of a salad that other people seem to get. I do love cesar salad, but I've eaten them so much lately that I'm sick of them. I just have to keep on trying.:o

Judy

I just wish I could get the same enjoyment out of a salad that other people seem to get. I do love cesar salad, but I've eaten them so much lately that I'm sick of them. I just have to keep on trying.:o

Judy

I HATE salad too. I'm trying to eat more of it, but honesly just can't sem o do it.

WI was last night, another 1.8 lbs gone for grand total of 15 lbs. Not bad for three weeks. :D

Hope everyone is having a great week and remember its one day at a time..

POOHISME2, way to go!!

I've been eating a lean cuisine for lunch the past few days and there's a lot of veggies(for me) in them. I even had 2 salads this week. I keep the portions small so as not to shock my system!:D

Judy

POOHISME2, way to go!!

I've been eating a lean cuisine for lunch the past few days and there's a lot of veggies(for me) in them. I even had 2 salads this week. I keep the portions small so as not to shock my system!:D

Judy

Fantastic!!!! Great job and keep up the good work ;)

Snowstorm for this afternoon and tonight! My WW class will be cancelled tomorrow. I hate to miss a meeting.:(

I really enjoy them. I think that is the big difference from all the times I joined in the past. I go to every meeting and get something out of them. It must be an age thing.:D

Judy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. Well I have not posted in a while. I have been bad. I have gained 15 pounds since November. I just have not cared. Anyways, I care now. So Iam getting back on track. I have not been to a meeting in 3 weeks so I amdue to go back on wednesday hopefully I will be the same as the last time I went. I am going to california on may 19. I would be happy to lose 20 pounds by then.:)

Hello everyone. Well I have not posted in a while. I have been bad. I have gained 15 pounds since November. I just have not cared. Anyways, I care now. So Iam getting back on track. I have not been to a meeting in 3 weeks so I amdue to go back on wednesday hopefully I will be the same as the last time I went. I am going to california on may 19. I would be happy to lose 20 pounds by then.:)
You cant say you have been bad.. you have just been off track ;) I have been sick the last week and have not followed the program so well. I did hit my 20 lb loss last week, but have since gained back 2 lbs, so it really doesnt count. Staying in bed all week eating anything i can didnt help :(

Go back to the meetings, and keep us updated. I ended up switching from core to point because i had a gain a few weeks ago, and it helped me a lot to be able to see just how much I was eating.

Good luck :D

Nice to see you guys back. Don't give up! We just have to talk to ourselves in the positve and not the negative. I for one, will be a weight watcher for the rest of my life.(hopefully as a lifetime member:D )

The meetings are very important. That's where I get the support to go on, even when I gain. If I stayed home, I would just wallow in guilt and keep eating badly. I still tend to "pig out on Saturday, but try to gain control by Monday morning. Not the best route to take, but for now it's working. (a bit slow, but still working)

I hit 30 lbs 2 weeks ago, then gained .6, but yesterday lost 1.2.

Have a great week!

Judy

Archived