Crown balcony cabin for 3 all beds have to be separate??

giadav

Sailing on the Crown in March and never heard this before. There will be 3 people in the cabin cat. BE. It will have a pullman bed. The Princess rep told me the 2 twin beds cannot be put together because of the pullman bed above is being occupied. Has anyone ever heard of this rule?? He said it is a safety hazzard??

It is not a big deal to us. I'm taking my parents and it doesn't bother them, they are just excited about the cruise.

I just though it is a pretty common request to have the beds together and surprised that it can't be done b/c of a safety hazzard. I would think there would be more talk on these boards about it. I guess that is why I'm questioning it.

The rep is correct. If you have a 3rd in the cabin you cannot have the lower beds together in a queen bed format. The 3rd bed comes down from the ceiling of the cabin and has a ladder off the side of the bed used to get in and out. If you put the lower beds in a queen configuration, there would be bed right where the ladder comes down.

I just though it is a pretty common request to have the beds together and surprised that it can't be done b/c of a safety hazzard. I would think there would be more talk on these boards about it. I guess that is why I'm questioning it.
The bed configuration question is a common inquiry on these boards--you just are this week's or this month's latest version :). The Grand class balcony cabins have slightly more room than the insides to set up the lowers as a queen, with one upper against the backside of the closet wall. The Crown will probably be the same way. But the computer systems will tell you that you cannot, both online and when you call the CSA, so if you want it set up that way simply ask the steward once onboard. Pictures of both setups are posted on webshots if you search around. And here is a link to a recent thread with picture links

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=332758

Archived