Got a Brochure in the Mail for the Crown out of NY

MrPete

I was prefering to discuss it. I guess I'm in the wrong place. :confused:

The Crown is brand new, will sail out of New York for her inagural cruise June 14, 9 day to the caribbean.......we will be on her.

She is a sister ship to the Caribbean Princess, with some changes.

They are transferring a lot of great entertainers and crew to her.......we are anxiously waiting.

The Crown is brand new, will sail out of New York for her inaugural cruise June 14, 9 day to the caribbean.......we will be on her.

She is a sister ship to the Caribbean Princess, with some changes.

Now that's something to get excited about. I'd previously heard nothing about it, and am always looking for something different out of NY. The stop on Bermuda is a definate PLUS. :)

Saw the Caribbean Princess down in St. Thomas last May. Actually got to talk to some who were on her on our Godfrey tour. They were quite pleased with the ship. Knowing the Crown is in the same class helps.

Bon Voyage!

Hey MrPete-how do you rate. I haven't gotten a brochure and I'm booked on her Oct 18. We always seem to end up on the same board,you should book this cruise. WE are hoping we like her as well as the Carnival Legend.

Laura

Hey Laura!

Downstate must get their mail first! :D

See, I'm already jealous! I won't get this opportunity until 2007. :mad:

Is this NY sailing going to be year round?

It's a limited season this year. Crown Princess will move to San Juan in late October. What is intriguing about the NYC cruises is that they are 9-day trips. I think if you can manage to cruise during the off-weekend departure dates (where people who work would have to split a vacation over successive weeks) you might find some good pricing.

Looks nice. Nice itinerary also.

Is this a new ship? Can someone fill me in? Is it like another Princess ship?

Pete,

Our friend "Apples" has recently sailed on the Caribbean Princess. He could probably tell you all about her. I do like the itinerary of the new Crown Princess, too.

I haven't gotten a brochure on her either and I am also booked - as well as being a Platinum Captain's Club member. In fact when I asked my TA to please find me a cruise for the last week in October/first week in November and she gave me a list of 4 or 5 that she thought would make me happy even her brochure didn't have the Crown in it. We went online and discovered that it was a new Crown - we had both assumed it was the old one. I have since seen a small one that Princess must have sent to TA's but it really didn't offer much. It was more about her itineraries than it was about her.

I can't wait until she does sail so we can start getting reviews and pictures!

Hey, MrPete...We're on the September 3 cruise (Bermuda included). The port is Red Hook, in Brooklyn (brand new port also). Cunard has already sailed from Red Hook and mostly everyone seems pleased with the port.

The Crown will have many features the other Grand class ships do not. There will be a piazza, a wine and seafood venue and, according to Travelocity, 11 restaurants.

The Crown rate I received was $500 less than a 9-day on the Grandeur from my home town, but the Grandeur is 10 yrs old and doesn't, imho, have anywhere near the amenities of the Crown. IMHO, also, the Crown's itinerary beats the Grandeur by many miles.

Here's some Crown info:

http://www.princess.com/pb/shipDetails.do?subnav=true&voyageCode=3633&noOfPax=2&shipId=KP&shipName=Crown+Princess&productCode=CEN090&departureDate=Sep+03%2C+2006&productDesc=Eastern+Caribbean+-+Roundtrip+New+York

Now that's something to get excited about. I'd previously heard nothing about it, and am always looking for something different out of NY. The stop on Bermuda is a definate PLUS. :)

Saw the Caribbean Princess down in St. Thomas last May. Actually got to talk to some who were on her on our Godfrey tour. They were quite pleased with the ship. Knowing the Crown is in the same class helps.

Bon Voyage!

Thanks Madelinerose!

I watched when the QM2 came to Red Hook (on TV and webcam. No way I was going to Brooklyn!).

Looks like they fixed the place up NICE!

I'm actually starting about cancelling my 5 day EOS to Bermuda to this ship. Everything sounds all too good!

Well, we visit (for pleasure) Manhattan once or twice a year, but have never been to Brooklyn. Our hotel is 3.5 miles from the pier (Lower Manhattan) and we're looking forward to our taxi ride to Red Hook.

smeyer418 has some fabulous posts here regarding the port...he drives by it every single day I believe, and also lives in Brooklyn.

IMHO, the 5-day EOS would be cancelled. We've only cruised once, on the Miracle from Baltimore in 2004, and we're really looking forward to the Crown, especially the Anytime Dining. Good luck with your decision! ;)

Thanks Madelinerose!

I watched when the QM2 came to Red Hook (on TV and webcam. No way I was going to Brooklyn!).

Looks like they fixed the place up NICE!

I'm actually starting about cancelling my 5 day EOS to Bermuda to this ship. Everything sounds all too good!

We booked the September 30th cruise last November at the rate of $1,400 pp for a BE regular balcony cabin. Princess is running a sail (all the NYC cruise lines are now that there is more competition) whereby we we able to upgrade to cat BA which is a larger balcony for less - $1,200 per person.

It is only costing us $120/pp per day as we have a 3rd person in the cabin so the total PP shared three ways is $1088.

This is Princess Grand Class. Come check out our Roll Call, we already have a great group of CC sailing on 9/30/06.

Hey Laura!

Downstate must get their mail first! :D

See, I'm already jealous! I won't get this opportunity until 2007. :mad:

Is this NY sailing going to be year round?

I don't know the exact dates, but for 2007 she starts like May 12 and goes through September (don't quote me on this). All I know is I'm booked on the June 17 sailing and am very very excited. Two of the summer sailings, June 26 and I can't remember which other one, goes to St. Marteen instead of Bermuda. Otherwise, they are only doing eastern for the 2007 summer season.

I like the NY deal so I can visit home and drop the kids!

Hope you book!

remember me....from the Carnival Board...........

We are giving Princess a try..we wanted to leave out of NY....as the Legend itinerary doesn't thrill me....(San Juan that is) been there too many times...........Being we tried RCI and didn;t care for them we thought we would give Princess a try. We booked BE cabons got upraded to BA cabins and also asked for a rate reduction as they were offering cheaper rates after we booked it.

Hmmmm now Princess people...do you think we can get the onboard credit they are offering with the new brochure I just got............It doesn;t say anything for new bookings only?????????

Hi Cathy...

Of course I remember my fellow Rocklander!

I cancelled my second Legend cruise this June just out of lack of interest with my "party".

Looking forward to hear what you think of this ship! :)

We got the letter today for the Crown.

It doesn't say anything about "new bookings" .Only indicates for select 2006 and 2007 sailings excluding coastal and holiday sailings. May not be combinable with some fares or offers. Same info as others have posted.

And it apparently does apply to all cabin categories getting the $200 OBC.

In the letter there is a P.S.

"The Caribbean isn't the only place you can sail and save. Receive the same onboard credit on many Princess sailings throughout summer and fall 2006 and spring 2007."

Julia

Archived