Bermuda in September

libra22

I am booked on a cruise for Bermuda (Sept. 2007), everyone going is concerned about hurricane season at this time of year (except me). Can someone give me an idea what to expect in mid September.

Thanks!

September is one of the most active months for hurricanes. Just be aware that your cruise to Bermuda can be changed to New England and Canada. If that doesn't bother you, you'll have a great time.

I am booked on a cruise for Bermuda (Sept. 2007), everyone going is concerned about hurricane season at this time of year (except me). Can someone give me an idea what to expect in mid September.

Thanks!

My cruise was late-Sept. early Oct. 2002 and the remains of "Floyd" were out there, so going over was very "choppy" but then again I was in a very old ship, the orginial Pacific Princess-so not so good stabilizers.

We took bonine and started it a couple of days before we left on the cruise. We did fine although others were very sick.

My cruise this past Feb. we ran in to a storm on the Celebrity zenith and to be honest-that felt worse to me then the Brmuda cruise-but as I had taken precautions- I did fine-though many were sick enough to throw up on that cruise, our first day out.

I absolutely loved Bermuda-the lows were like 60 and the highs around 80- and Bermuda's beaches are the most beautiful I have seen- (now I have not been to Hawaii so that may be more beautiful) the beaches are really pink.

what ship are you going on?

I'll have a great answer for this ... after this September. As I am scheduled to head out on Empress Sept 2, 2006.

Re-routed to Canada? Maybe I should HOPE for problems that require this change, after all, it's more expensive to head in that direction.

JC

We are sailing on Royal Caribbean "Empress of the Seas" out of Philadelphia.

Okay that is a small ship and an older ship -so be prepared you will feel the waves. Start the bonine a couple of days before you leave so it is in your system good.

I also use ginger and start it a week before I leave-but the bonine is stronger-so if this is your first cruise, probally the bonine would be best- until you see what type a sailer you are. Use bonine-NOT dramanine-the formalas are differant-and bonine does not make you sleepy.

September is a wonderful month on Bermuda, warm air and water -delightful! Hurricanes rarely hit the island, but as others have mentioned, it's crossing 500 miles of open Atlantic to get there that's the trick. We sailed NCL's Crown out of NYC last Sept 11 and the weather was splendid both ways, but you never know...(take that Bonine!)

Archived